• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Gear Protection

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Damrey was great. Full cleared on the night it came out. My girlfriend was screaming at me to go to bed haha. BTW, if you have any of the previous Guild titles downloaded you get an extra scenario! Check it out.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
How does lunar dragon song not get a mention. It killed a beloved rpg franchise lunar, and is probably critically one of the lowest rated games let alone rpgs that I have ever seen. Especially considering the focus of this column is Japanese style games, mainly rpgs and fighters this game should have at least got a mention on the ds list.

Agreed. They can only get by remaking Silver Star so many times to make up for that travesty. They need to do a fabulous super remake of Eternal Blue already.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
How does lunar dragon song not get a mention. It killed a beloved rpg franchise lunar, and is probably critically one of the lowest rated games let alone rpgs that I have ever seen. Especially considering the focus of this column is Japanese style games, mainly rpgs and fighters this game should have at least got a mention on the ds list.

Agreed. They can only get by remaking Silver Star so many times to make up for that travesty. They need to do a fabulous super remake of Eternal Blue already.

What really killed the game for me was the gameplay mechanic of getting either items or exp, oh and the fact you could not even target your enemy, it was random.

But who knows maybe 5 years from now they can take another chance.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
What really killed the game for me was the gameplay mechanic of getting either items or exp, oh and the fact you could not even target your enemy, it was random.

But who knows maybe 5 years from now they can take another chance.

Again agreed. What RPG makes you decide between items or experience? I can understand doing that to make the game more challenging so you don't farm for easy healing and high levels, but the execution was all wrong. The random targeting, now that's just idiotic, and poor game design.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
The Starship Damrey is pretty cool. 3DS owners should definitely consider checking it out. The controls are undoubtedly clunky but they didn't bother me that much.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
The Starship Damrey is pretty cool. 3DS owners should definitely consider checking it out. The controls are undoubtedly clunky but they didn't bother me that much.

Hows the voice acting? The voice in the trailer was kind of grating.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Penguin_Factory wrote:

Hows the voice acting? The voice in the trailer was kind of grating.

Minimal, but what's there fits in pretty nicely with the whole low-budget 90s adventure game aesthetic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2