• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Unlucky Reincarnations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Is the first entry in the poll blank for everyone, or just me?

Fixed it but not before 14 people voted for it (seriously, people?)

Thought it was a secret name that no one must pronounce..........
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Again, I would recommend proofreading before submitting these. You're still making some tiny blunders here and there with your sentences.

I was expecting Air and I'm glad I'm not disappointed. Misuzu, yeah, enough said. That girl, holy crap what a hellish existence she had. Not allowed to make friends, to fall in love or have a happy life, just destined to die young every time you exist. I used to equate reincarnations with being given a reset button so you have a chance to do things over and live a better life, but in Misuzu's case, it might be better to just hit the power button. T__T

What, no Rocketbilly Redcadillac? What is this blasphemy? D:

Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Hang on, cat-Torakuma did show up in the main series of Otogi Zoshi. And he's not a stray, he's Hikaru's cat. I remember at one point he helps her find an important document which was stashed behind a bookcase by calling her attention to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Dang, can't believe I missed last week's poll. I would have loved to put in a vote for Sae. SatoJun heroines are great.
roseversailles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Man, many votes to Aya. While I think the chain of reincarnation has been broken by the end of the series (thus sparing her child), she goes through so many terrible things and has her normal life ripped to shreds, all because of her bloodline. This isn't even getting into how awful it is to be Aki (which I'd almost venture to say is worse). The fact that the poor girl doesn't lose her mind says wonders about her inner will.
As far as Setsuna goes, I think the fact that spoiler[God is your BIG ENEMY]can be pretty daunting, and downright soul-crushing when faced with it. Reincarnation isn't always fun in the world of anime and manga, is it?

A few characters I'd add to the list:

Himeko and Chikane: Being destined to fall in love and defend the earth, yet have to sacrifice one of the two, and have this as their fate for all eternity? Not fun.

Fakir. His backstory is quite terrifying, and one he has to actively fight to avoid falling prey to.

THE ENTIRE CAST OF WOLF'S RAIN: spoiler[After the literal End of the World As We Know It where everyone dies a horrible death and loses their loved ones, all in the hope of reaching Paradise, the world is reset, darkness once again introduced, and the heroes of the tale must once again start at square one, forever seeking Paradise, getting closer each time, yet never reaching it].
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
roseversailles wrote:
THE ENTIRE CAST OF WOLF'S RAIN:

Dang, I can't believe I actually forgot that! Yup, they win the dubious honor.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Good list, glad to see Misuzu and Setsuna there. I agree with Fakir from Princess Tutu. His fate really sucked. As for the new poll, I voted for Hoshi from Arakawa Under the Bridge.
scarletmoonwish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I know who going to win the poll but it will be nice to see
Hoshi make it the top 5

shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
roseversailles wrote:

THE ENTIRE CAST OF WOLF'S RAIN: spoiler[After the literal End of the World As We Know It where everyone dies a horrible death and loses their loved ones, all in the hope of reaching Paradise, the world is reset, darkness once again introduced, and the heroes of the tale must once again start at square one, forever seeking Paradise, getting closer each time, yet never reaching it].
I saw the ending with more hope.Sure they spoiler[failed this time,but Kiba is still trying to find paradise and will keep trying until he reaches it.]

Edit-sorry. I mixed up the bold tag with the spoiler tags. I hope I corrected it before anyone saw the spoilers. Embarassed
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Again, I would recommend proofreading before submitting these. You're still making some tiny blunders here and there with your sentences.

The articles are proofread and, yes, there are still typos on occasion.

However, you aren't my editor so the condescending tone isn't appreciated. If someone wants to point out typos with actual bolded sentences, I always go through and correct them if they've been overlooked.

enurtsol wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Is the first entry in the poll blank for everyone, or just me?

Fixed it but not before 14 people voted for it (seriously, people?)

Thought it was a secret name that no one must pronounce..........

Does Voldemort play guitar?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
The articles are proofread and, yes, there are still typos on occasion.

However, you aren't my editor so the condescending tone isn't appreciated. If someone wants to point out typos with actual bolded sentences, I always go through and correct them if they've been overlooked.

Sorry, my intention wasn't to sound condescending at all. I'm not even sure where you're getting "tone" from since it's not like you can sense emotion through a monitor. I was simply pointing it out.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Voted for Krauser II. He's probably not the best technical player, but his tenaciousness would give anyone competing against him a fight. Love Koyuki, but he's an amateur, as are most of the other students on the list. Ren would probably the best technical player.

Have their ever been a best vocalist survey? There can be separate ones for male and female soloists. I'd love to vote for Nana O.!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if the cast of X counts, since I think maybe they were just incarnations rather than reincarnations. I was also thinking of Saiyuki, who are kind of in the same boat.

Takaya Ohgi/Kagetora Uesugi and Nobutsuna Naoe from Mirage of Blaze are definitely reincarnated but aren't unlucky so much as tragic. They've been at each other's throats for 400 years in one of the most dysfunctional relationships in anime but they just don't know how to quit each other. Smile
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
Geez, look at that new poll. Has nobody seen The Legend of Black Heaven or what?

Also, I'm thinking about Nazca for sucky reincarnations.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
When I saw that list I was thinking that while Krauser would probably win*, I'd love to see a battle between him and Tanaka.

*while it's true that Tanaka's playing can spoiler[power intergalactic weapons], only Krauser has the chops to satisfy the Manager. And when she's not satisfied, everybody dies. Smile

Oh, and agreed about Nazca!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4