• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo 2 Episodes 14-16 Slated for August

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Seeing how horrible this second season has turned out has made me dubious of any more episodes. I adored the first seasons, but this new one has just turned into the very thing they were kind of parodying to begin with.

Parody? Laughing Anyone who thought Oreimo was a parody in season 1 was in deep denial. Season 2 is merely the logical extension of what came before.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote
I liked season 1 for Kuroneko {"if they think my work is masturbation then I'm show them masturbation like they've never seen." Some lines can't be killed by how bad a series gets and that's one of them} so I'm stay away from this one; It's not wrong {or not just wrong}, it's just "Her?"
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:50 am Reply with quote
If you watched season 1 for Kuroneko, there's absolutely no reason for you to avoid season 2 since she plays such a major role in the story.... And has the best line ever. Very Happy
Leebo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
I agree that the plot has become horrendously contrived and facepalm-worthy, but I'm still compelled to finish it. Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
Nice to know!

I guess these episodes will air in the same format as Kokoro Connect: Michi Random and Nekomonogatari earlier this year. I can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Because it had the chance to be good. But it didn't and became self-parody in how hilariously forced and contrived every goddamn event in it is. Every bit of this damn show is fake and hollow, starting with the sheer fact that Kirino isn't a girl, she's a male otaku in a girl's body. This show would be so much better if Kirino was actually a fujoshi since that wouldn't be so willing-suspension-of-disbelief-breaking.

Yes, I am still not over the fact that Kirino is a genderswapped male otaku.
/thread

Thatguy3331 wrote:
I can't say I'm any different from those who felt as though this season end WAAAAAY off the deep end from Season 1, However I've felt as though I should have seen it comming. I saw the hints, they weren't that subtle, but I shrugged it off thinking "Nah, the show wouldn't go that far...would it?"

Now that its pretty much confirmed, I'm alot less mad about it. Sure I still kind of want to puke but I don't really have that big of sense of disappointment. That said however I just dropped the show and am now just browsing forums just to see the reactions.
Yeah, I agree on both accounts (the puking and feeling like a fool about the whole thing.) I really enjoyed it, and I was honestly hoping up that he'd end up with Manami (y'know, the actual good, likable, supportive character?) instead of either Kuroneko or his annoying, whiny, sniveling brat of a biological little sister. But I guess that's too much to ask for in today's industry... *sigh* Back to "Flowers of Evil" for me.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote
Chagen46, you should stop trying to pigeonhole people. There are people who don't fit neatly into your little gender identity buckets.

Oh look, here's a girl who you say possibly can't exist: http://www.howagirlfigures.com/
She works as a Good Smile rep in the US under "Mamitan".
She likes guys as seen with this Kamina Dakimakura... but wait, she's doing the impossible with this (nsfw)! In fact, the majority of what she likes is like that of a male otaku's and her room and her collection been featured in Danny Choo's book and show. I'm pretty she'd be offended if you'd call her a male in a female's body. But sadly she has also gotten some flack from the same type of thinking.

The same applies for the lead animator and one of the character designers for Skull Girls, and female otaku herself. See her blog and archive (both nsfw). People have inevitably assumed she is a guy, (along with usual omg, bouncing boobs=sexist! wuh.. a girl did that?! incident I read about in a Eurogamer article). And the same can be said for many female manga authors who create of their own, male-otaku oriented and non-BL ero titles, including but aren't lesbians themselves
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Chagen, you being purportedly bisexual yourself does not make your statements any less homophobic.
Kirino is obsessed with galge and fantasizes about the heroines, yet also wants to have sex with her brother. That makes her bisexual, pure and simple.
I think you have a problem with anyone who doesn't fit into the neat little boxes you've made.

That wasn't even my problem though you guys MADE it my problem since you had no answer to my actual argument.

If Kirino is bi, she never acts like it besides wanting to bone her milquetoast self-insert brother. Did the author ever confirm this? I don't think her being bi would appeal to the sexless nerds this show is laser-aimed at.

All I did was call her unrealistic then you fanboys started pitching a fit.

Oreimo would be so much more interesting if Kirino was a fujoshi instead of the psychotic whatever-the-fudge-sexual she is trying to bone her brother. God this show is a MESS.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
In other words, "this show would be so much more interesting and realistic if Kirino fit into the little box I want, instead of disagreeing with my preconceived notions". Chagen, the story wasn't written to pander to you - and it doing so wouldn't inherently make it any better(or even realistic, for that matter). Get over yourself.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Or at least get over the massive stupidity that seems to accompany virtually every one of Chagen's useless posts. It was a sad day for intelligent discourse at ANN when this diaper-fetish twit discovered the site.
GVman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Because it had the chance to be good. But it didn't and became self-parody in how hilariously forced and contrived every goddamn event in it is. Every bit of this damn show is fake and hollow, starting with the sheer fact that Kirino isn't a girl, she's a male otaku in a girl's body. This show would be so much better if Kirino was actually a fujoshi since that wouldn't be so willing-suspension-of-disbelief-breaking.

Yes, I am still not over the fact that Kirino is a genderswapped male otaku.
/thread

Thatguy3331 wrote:
I can't say I'm any different from those who felt as though this season end WAAAAAY off the deep end from Season 1, However I've felt as though I should have seen it comming. I saw the hints, they weren't that subtle, but I shrugged it off thinking "Nah, the show wouldn't go that far...would it?"

Now that its pretty much confirmed, I'm alot less mad about it. Sure I still kind of want to puke but I don't really have that big of sense of disappointment. That said however I just dropped the show and am now just browsing forums just to see the reactions.
Yeah, I agree on both accounts (the puking and feeling like a fool about the whole thing.) I really enjoyed it, and I was honestly hoping up that he'd end up with Manami (y'know, the actual good, likable, supportive character?) instead of either Kuroneko or his annoying, whiny, sniveling brat of a biological little sister. But I guess that's too much to ask for in today's industry... *sigh* Back to "Flowers of Evil" for me.

Apparently, they try to set up Manami as the villain as the series continues. But yeah, this second season has sucked.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
@Chagen

Isn't there some "realistic" shota anime you'd rather be watching, or is your real fetish complaining?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Heaven forbid I express an opinion on a show in a thread dedicated to said show! Everyone knows that no dissent is allowed!

Oreimo is awfully written and I feel as if I have a right to express that statement.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Heaven forbid I express an opinion on a show in a thread dedicated to said show! Everyone knows that no dissent is allowed!

Oreimo is awfully written and I feel as if I have a right to express that statement.

You didn't express that the show was awfully written. You expressed that the CHARACTER is awfully written because she's "a male otaku in a female body."

As someone who enjoys a lot of the same hobbies as Kirino (sans the brother complex) yeah, it's really insulting. Female gender identity shouldn't be on trial depending on whether a girl like's straight eroge or hentai.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
All of you people are extrapolating terabytes of information I never actually said from my posts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3