• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Working!!/Wagnaria!! TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I looked too early and just saw the joke trailer -_- Glad it's for real now!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Wow, they actually move around! How exciting! And this is actually what I want to do after I get off work! Watch other people working! Talk about fun!

Fans of The Office seem to like that.

(disclaimer: I have not seen Working!!/Wagnaria!!, do not know how it stacks up to The Office. I'm just debating the argument point)
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Heck yeah. Someone one one, someone one one had great insight into producing this.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Working!! is a really funny show and I'm glad it's getting a second season, but I'm a bit upset that Hiraike won't direct it. With Sketchbook ~full color'S~ and the first season of Working!!, he showed himself to be quite adept at directing slice-of-life anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Murder She wrote:

Working!! is based on Karino Takatsu's manga of the same name, which revolves around a high school freshman named Sota Takanashi who works part-time among a restaurant's high-spirited, eccentric, yet cool staffers.

They should've have called it Waiting!! Laughing

vashfanatic wrote:
giapet wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Question: why Wagnaria instead of Working for the American release? Copyright conflict?

A secondary guess..."Wagnaria" is a much less competitive search term than "Working." Wink You might find that silly, but better internet branding is (as I've heard) one of the major reasons why SciFi is now SyFy.

Actually, that makes perfect sense. You want yours to be near the top of Google.

(with a more ribald twist, this is part of why the magazines that is now Canadian History changed its name from The Beaver)

Or Star Hustler! Laughing
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
And yes, I'm trolling becuase I have an opinion different than yours.

Having a different opinion is not trolling. But intentionally being controversial to get a reaction, as is in your case, that is trolling. First by criticizing a series that you have never seen (implied by your first post) and then by branding the person who quoted you as an otaku (including your opinions of otaku).

Seems you have posted quite a bit on this forum. So do you post because you're an anime fan, a closet-otaku or a troll?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Fans of The Office seem to like that.

(disclaimer: I have not seen Working!!/Wagnaria!!, do not know how it stacks up to The Office. I'm just debating the argument point)

Never looked at it that way. I'd say the biggest differences here are the characters and the fact that they don't exactly dislike working there. But it's comparable nonetheless. And considering that The Office is one of my favorite movies (if not favorite comedy movie).
kitchiri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Wow, they actually move around! How exciting! And this is actually what I want to do after I get off work! Watch other people working! Talk about fun!

You know you can do anything with animation, anything. However, all we get from Japan now is brain dead slice of life shows. If there has been problems with the anime industry lately, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is wrong.

And yes, I'm trolling becuase I have an opinion different than yours. I love that's the first thing you go to. God, I love otaku. This is why they're taken so seriously by everyone else includng the over all nerd community. [/sarcasm]
You are an idiot... orz...

Anyway, looking forward to this. I loved the first season.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
eaglestorm wrote:
The April Fool's joke was that they are releasing new Working!! in VHS format. It had links to fake story, fake characters and fake staff, which are no longer available.

The characters were not "fake" at least. As Cloud668 said above, they're actual characters from a different version of the Working!! manga.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
YA about time I hope its going to be a full 26eps like K-On!
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!!!! This is exactly what I needed today!!!!!! Anime hyper

I'm just waiting for my Working Season 1 Box set to arrive and I'm totally marathoning it before this hits!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
eaglestorm wrote:
The April Fool's joke was that they are releasing new Working!! in VHS format. It had links to fake story, fake characters and fake staff, which are no longer available.

The characters were not "fake" at least. As Cloud668 said above, they're actual characters from a different version of the Working!! manga.

I guess I should have made it clearer. What I meant to say was links to fake pages of story, characters and staff. It was very detailed and believable, including links to the fake news page... except for the VHS release part which will automatically make you suspicious especially if you're aware of what day it is, and ready for it.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
eaglestorm wrote:
J-Syxx wrote:

Having a different opinion is not trolling. But intentionally being controversial to get a reaction, as is in your case, that is trolling. First by criticizing a series that you have never seen (implied by your first post) and then by branding the person who quoted you as an otaku (including your opinions of otaku).

Seems you have posted quite a bit on this forum. So do you post because you're an anime fan, a closet-otaku or a troll?

I've heard from someone who watches it in her anime club, she says it's terrible. Over all, this genre sucks. Don't agree with me? Ok. But I can critcize something without you breathing down my neck about your rights being violated.

I'm an anime fan, I'm not an otaku.
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:

Over all, this genre sucks. Don't agree with me? Ok. But I can critcize something without you breathing down my neck about your rights being violated.

There's nothing wrong with disliking certain genres. To each, his/her own tastes. Otherwise we will all be watching the same shows, listening to same music, etc.

Same goes with criticism. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. But being intentionally inflammatory is another story. If you don't think your initial post/response were, just read them from the perspective of someone else posting about a series/genre that you really like in those exact words.
Blergh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
eaglestorm wrote:
J-Syxx wrote:

Touché

[EDIT: Post was partly edited to eliminate directly insulting comments. That is not appropriate in these forums and will not be tolerated. - Key]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4