• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Confirms Little Busters! BD Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 am Reply with quote
acetatsujin wrote:
it starts out slow and...

...loses me as a viewer. I managed to get to the part where girls with no physical attributes to play baseball were playing... baseball. The "antics" on the field were enough to force my eyes to roll and to click something else on CR.

I'm used to Visual/Key's uguu gai pan, but this series proved every person has a limit. It finally found mine.

A shame, too, because I was actually looking forward to it (having no clue about the VN).

As they say: be careful what you wish for. You may just get it.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:54 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
getchman wrote:
3 months after the final volume is released in Japan. isnt that a little too soon?

Probably just the first half?

Anyway, I really just don't care; Even the "World's Greatest Dub" wouldn't get this turkey into the air.
It's Sentai, so the dub will likely be terrible.

Yes clearly every dub that Sentai has produced this year has been horrendously subpar. Its obvious that you haven't seen the dubs of Another, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia or countless other dubs from last year that were excellent. The chances of Little Busters having a competent dub is very high. I'll never understand the moronic criticisms from people when it comes to Sentai's dubs.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
stove top stuffing wrote:
Damn. I may have to buy this now despite all my bitching about it while it aired. I will give J.C. staff the benefit of the doubt if they don't screw up refrain though.

There will be a dub for this right? Well, I will watch to see who they cast for Rin and Haruka(though Keiko Suzuki changed the voice for the anime. I liked the VN voice she did better.) because if the right English VA aren't selected I will watch the sub version.

All of Sentai works that's release on blu ray gets dub.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:

Yes clearly every dub that Sentai has produced this year has been horrendously subpar. Its obvious that you haven't seen the dubs of Another, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia or countless other dubs from last year that were excellent. The chances of Little Busters having a competent dub is very high. I'll never understand the moronic criticisms from people when it comes to Sentai's dubs.

Yes, those shows had plots, characters and direction. Little Busters! needs more than a competent dub in order to become involving.

Let's look at the first mistake of the original version: Yue Horie in the lead role. She was fine as a boy in Pet Girl of Sakura Hall but here she was more of a girl than she was in Kanon and it doesn't work for a romantic lead. Who's a guy. In high school. Here's a horrible thought: What if they decide to follow the Japanese on this idea and cast someone like Hillary Haig? What if they're forced to?

But here's a good idea: What if they do a reverse Loup-Garou and just outright turn the guy into a girl? Now that would be awesome...

Right, I'll change my previous statement; A gag dub could possibly turn this entertaining. Take mundane and badly written gags and gag characters {that's everyone except for the lead and the lead girls} and give them...

Just edit them out. Little Busters! Abridged!! There we go.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
I just want Rin and Komari's English voices to be tolerable, then I may consider watching it again.
takasu95

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quote
This is how i want the dub cast
Caitlin Glass - Riki Naoe
Luci Christian- Rin Natsume
David Matranga- Ryousuke Natsume
Andrew Love- Kengo

Hilary Haag- Kud
Monica Rial- Komari
Shelly Calene-Black- Yuiko Kurugaya
Emily Neves- Mio Nishizono

still a working progress but i have a feeling these people are fit for these roles
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
probably going to have to think of someone else for Riki. Caitlin hasn't been in any Sentai shows, and a 4 hour trip probably isn't worth it
takasu95

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
maybe Shannon Emmerick then
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2