• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz in "Active Negotiations" on Rumiko Takahashi Anime Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
*chants* Ranma on Blu-ray! Ranma on Blu-ray! Ranma on Blu-ray! /end chant

Please oh please make it happen, Viz. You are guaranteed to get my monies if you do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
supersqueak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Its about friggin time. Back when i heard about the blu-rays in Japan I was really hoping Viz might get them soon. I have been wanting to own the series but It seems way better to wait then to buy some old used outdated over priced set on Amazon. I will be crossing my fingers. It would be great to reminisce on the series. Back when I watched it the first time I was renting the DVDs individually from an anime rental store by my house. They couldn't stay in business for very long.
Joe Vecchio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Good on Viz for re-releasing these great series, particularly Maison Ikkoku!

There's a musical coming out, too!
https://www.facebook.com/MITheMusical
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
I was kind of hoping they'd re-do "Ranma 1/2" by either going the DBK route and cutting all the filler, the FMAB route and remaking it entirely, or the IYFA and just continuing where the anime left off, because I want to see Ranma fight Herb in animated form.

Indeed.

I think modern animation could also do justice to the manic pacing and rapid-fire visual gags of Takahashi's original page layouts in a way that early-90s TV animation fundamentally could not.

Last edited by gatotsu911 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
E-Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
I too would love to of seen either a continuation or a remake to the Ranma 1/2 series. Since there were a good deal of characters that never been introduced in the TV series, OVAs, or movies.

A re-release on the Urusei Yatsura series would be very pleasant cause the single volumes I own are taking up a lot of room in my anime collection, so slim down box sets would be nice if it'll ever get re-released. Cause along with Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura is my other favorite.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2