• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gunbuster Site Bids Hard Work, Guts

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
JELEINEN wrote:

kusanagi-sama wrote:
Well, there will be a LE release and regular release. My guess is that BV will put 2 episodes per DVD, or at the very least 3 per DVD.

If they do the US release like the Japanese one (which is what they did with Patlabor), then it'll all be one set. The book with that set wasn't much, but there were a ton of video extras.

Yeah, but each Patlabor release was just one fairly normal length movie. Gunbuster's 6 episodes are a lot longer than one movie would normally be.

I'm hoping (and expecting) them to release it as one set, but it's possible they will do it as two. I can't see them dragging it across three releases though.
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:12 am Reply with quote
I had to search long and hard on ebay to find a complete set of the video tapes. I found them and don't regret it. When I buy the DVDs, I will display the tapes right along side them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Yoda117

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
It's great to see this series coming back.

I hate to say it, but it's been neglected for far too long, and considering its continued popularity since its adoption to the US market, well it's a disgrace.

This is good news for fans of the title, and of Gainax (I always felt is was one of the best works).

Looks like I have some new stuff to add to the collection, though it will not replace my favorite collectables from the series (the hanken cels used for the original three video covers and several pan cels of the characters and the Gunbuster itself).

Needless to say, I was a much poorer man due to those purchases.
Area88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
pat_payne wrote:

Angel's Egg would be nice. It is a gorgeous film that deserves a US release.

Put me down as another one who wants this.

I also want Dallos.

I want everything 80's so the more older shows released by BV, the better for me.
CherishedHonor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
So are they including the extra "science lessons" that weren't in the original U.S. release?
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
CherishedHonor wrote:
So are they including the extra "science lessons" that weren't in the original U.S. release?

Nobody knows yet.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I remember little lessons after each episode on the VHS tapes I rented years ago. Is there something in addition to that?
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I remember little lessons after each episode on the VHS tapes I rented years ago. Is there something in addition to that?

The tenth anniversary LD release had two new science lessons. One was on the planets of the solar system with a cute Sailor Moon reference. I can't remember what the other one was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2