• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aya Hirano Briefly Returns to Twitter

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Not really with the kind of sales this woman gets, wonder what she is "doing" Laughing to get backed to produce "music" that sell as terribly as hers.

This is never going to get old, is it?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
You don't have to be a fan, but don't be a dick. She's had it tough lately, after all.

Don't talk like she didn't deserve it.

http://kotaku.com/5606155/voice-actress-pisses-off-otaku

Quote:
In a recent appearance on "Goût Temps Nouveau", a Japanese program for women, Hirano has confessed to liking and dating older men, talked about her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and dating with several different partners at the same time.

People talk about stuff like this all the time on Japanese TV (especially on this program!), but for her fan-base, this is way too much information. Hirano isn't just a voice actress. She's an idol. And idols are not supposed to be normal girls, but an unattainable ideal.

Even before the sex scandal stuff, she went out of her way to troll the people who support her. She isn't some tragic heroine who people should feel sorry for... she wanted to be hated and out of a job.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Ryan: Well, she's already paid with her voice. I think that should be enough.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
GATSU wrote:
You don't have to be a fan, but don't be a dick. She's had it tough lately, after all.

Yes please, tell us more about how she deserved to be harrassed and have her career essentially destroyed because she dared to have real life relationships instead of remaining a virgin for her most dedicated fans to adore

Quote:
One thing people often forget about idols (and one of the main reasons Aikatsu is starting to overtake Precure as the biggest show among young girls) is that idols are also role models for young girls in Japan... they look up to them. So if idols are getting into sex scandals and all of that junk, then they lose the good image that their young fans have of them, and parents don't want any part of that as well.

Of course, it has nothing to do with loser delusional otaku and EVERYTHING to do with being a role model for little girls. WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Yes please, tell us more about how she deserved to be harrassed and have her career essentially destroyed because she dared to have real life relationships instead of remaining a virgin for her most dedicated fans to adore.

Her job is to promote that image and preserve it. When you basically troll the fans who have supported you with buying merchandise, seeing you in concerts and funding your livelihood by saying stuff to piss them off, you deserve the backlash from the fans. Plus, idols sign contracts with their agencies to not do that stuff, since there is too much riding on the line for the agencies for them to take silly risks like that (similar to how athletes sign contracts that don't let them play contact sports in the offseason to prevent injuries). If you go out of your way to break a contract, you are the one at fault... nobody else.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When you basically troll the fans who have supported you with buying merchandise, seeing you in concerts and funding your livelihood by saying stuff to piss them off

Yeah... you used exactly the same argument to explain why KyoAni shouldn't make Free because they were betraying their loyal otaku fanbase. Sorry, but no.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Quote:
When you basically troll the fans who have supported you with buying merchandise, seeing you in concerts and funding your livelihood by saying stuff to piss them off

Yeah... you used exactly the same argument to explain why KyoAni shouldn't make Free because they were betraying their loyal otaku fanbase. Sorry, but no.

"Look everyone, I'm totally pure! Buy all my merchandise!"

"lol no I just tricked you guys, I get it on with old guys all the time"

Yeah, totally the same thing.

Even if you ignore the "Betrayal" thing, she no longer had the "pure" image needed of idols, so she was out of a job anyway.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
Maybe she can't be an idol, as you say Ryan, but that doesn't mean she can't have a career. She's a decent actress and has a nice voice. I find it disappointing (though not unsurprising) when some fans lash out at an actress or singer because she doesn't fit the mold they try to force her into. Yes, I know that is the way the idol industry works, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Besides, no one can live up to the "pure" ideal that otaku have, because real people like that don't exist. Fantasy is fine for fiction, but don't try to make it your reality.

Last edited by shamisen the great on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Dimlos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Yes please, tell us more about how she deserved to be harrassed and have her career essentially destroyed because she dared to have real life relationships instead of remaining a virgin for her most dedicated fans to adore
I wouldn't even bother. The fact that there are people who willingly and openly defend this shit is both disgusting and hilarious at the same time.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
Alright, this isn't a defense of that...private moment Aya Hirano had with her band members ages earlier, but I really think her so-called "fans" (some of them) are being unjustifiably brutish towards her. Judging from her being silent for so long, I think it's safe to say that she's moved on and seeking other interests, and I think it's time that her supporters (if one could call them that) started accepting that.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
TrailOfDead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
"Look everyone, I'm totally pure! Buy all my merchandise!"

"lol no I just tricked you guys, I get it on with old guys all the time"

Yeah, totally the same thing.

Even if you ignore the "Betrayal" thing, she no longer had the "pure" image needed of idols, so she was out of a job anyway.

that's some ridiculous, entitled manbaby bullshit right there
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
This whole thread is terrible.
Apollo-kun wrote:
Who cares? Aya was never that great of a voice actress, and the cult of personality surrounding her is ridiculous. Her fans are silly, and her more vitriolic detractors are just as. Can we not just forget about her and move on?

You can start by not posting in threads about her.

Also, she's not and idol. She is a J-Pop artist.
If she was an idol, she'd attend lives, handshake events and TV shows.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Blood- wrote:

I love Aya Hirano on account of her being super-cute (imo).

But now that she's older, she doesn't really have even that anymore...

I suppose I can understand someone feeling that way...

...if they had no eyeballs and utterly shit taste. I think she's a gorgeous woman, so too bad for the ephebophile rejects who don't think any female past the age of 16 can be beautiful.

Well, super-cute implies young-ish. A mature woman may prefer to be gorgeous than super-cute.

RyanSaotome wrote:

idols are also role models for young girls in Japan... they look up to them. So if idols are getting into sex scandals and all of that junk, then they lose the good image that their young fans have of them, and parents don't want any part of that as well.

Sex scandals, definitely no. But shouldn't healthy relationships be something to look up to?

RyanSaotome wrote:

Quote:
In a recent appearance on "Goût Temps Nouveau", a Japanese program for women, Hirano has confessed to liking and dating older men, talked about her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and dating with several different partners at the same time.

Liking someone older is OK; being the one cheated on isn't one's fault; and it's OK to date others for the purpose of looking for an exclusive relationship. Liking or dating doesn't implicitly mean sex though.
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Hirano is a bitch. Cool
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Quote:

People talk about stuff like this all the time on Japanese TV (especially on this program!), but for her fan-base, this is way too much information. Hirano isn't just a voice actress. She's an idol. And idols are not supposed to be normal girls, but an unattainable ideal.

Even before the sex scandal stuff, she went out of her way to troll the people who support her. She isn't some tragic heroine who people should feel sorry for... she wanted to be hated and out of a job.

I agree 200% with RyanSaotome this time.

This woman HAD IT COMING since way before the sex scandal, she was a bitch with her fans always looking down on them.

Also anyone that feels sorry because the last nail in the coffin was the her sexual scandal is SUPER NAIVE, that woman as well as those idols are selling an image, nothing else and nothing more, and while it lasts they are so very happy to go with said pure image because it gets them easy money and easy fame, of course they have it coming if they betray not their fans but their line of work in itself.

So all in all fans and idols-idols-like-seiyuu is a pretty screwed up relationship to begin with.

Also it does not matter if fans believe or not in the pure virginal image they are being sold, what matters is that they dont get to know how "dirty" their virginal idols maidens are, remember the saying EYES THAT DONT SEE, HEART THAT DOESNT FEEL-.

So all in all I see only naive people here feeling sorry for a woman that does not and never deserve it to begin with, she always felt sick toward the fans hat supported her and never hid it, she and her agency take advantage of fans also screwed up ideals and happily go along with that unhealthy relationship, the ones, one should feel sorry if ever is her fans NOT HER, yo are simply naive to not see the whole picture here if you defend a woman like Hirano or feel sorry for her.

In the end she always looked down on the fans that took her to stupid overrated levels of popularity, she was always a bitch to them, making sure to tell them they were nothing but a nuisance to her and how sick many make her feel, so, in 2014 WHO NEEDED WHO AGAIN? Fans have moved on to greener pastures but her few renaming still naive life-liners, those that love to be humiliated by her, and HIRANO is where? Laughing

Last edited by dan9999 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11