• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 "Unholy" Priests

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Nice list, although I expected that someone from Chrono Crusade would be in.

And to bad Stone Ocean isn't animated yet, otherwise Enrico Pucci would definitely in this list.
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
FierceAlchemist wrote:
What about Kirei from the Fate series?

This. Seriously, the guy spends his life trying to be the most devout Catholic possible... in the Anderson from Hellsing variety... (seriously, he basically starts out as a far-less-manic Anderson) and then realizes, "hey, I get off on other people's pain and suffering, TIME FOR SOME FUN." He spends the rest of his days alternating between trolling justice-minded heroes for his own amusement and hatching devious plots to drive people in despair into... more despair, while never forgetting to enjoy his wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I would have said Altena in Noir but I guess she technically is not a priest?

Neither is Yolanda, who's on the List, so that seems like a legit choice.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I voted for DVD collecting (although, I mostly do BD collecting) in the new poll. Watching the shows is of course my favorite part of fandom, but I think this is a given, and therefore, should not be in the poll.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I voted for DVD collecting (although, I mostly do BD collecting) in the new poll. Watching the shows is of course my favorite part of fandom, but I think this is a given, and therefore, should not be in the poll.
I took that answer to be "None of the above. All I care about is watching the shows; the rest of the fandom can take a long walk off a short pier."
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
Mozgus from Berserk was more than unholy as he captured and tortured hundreds (if not thousands) - I'm surprised he isn't on this list.

I'm guessing the same reason Ivan Isaacs from "Priest" isn't. Anime only.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Rejice, Kotomine Kirei. Your cover was not blown up by this top, so you can continue your trolling sessions.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I would have said Altena in Noir but I guess she technically is not a priest?

Neither is Yolanda, who's on the List, so that seems like a legit choice.

They could share a spot together Surprised
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I was going to put "watching the shows" for the poll, but in all honesty, I spend more time checking ANN and CR than actually watching anime (sadface). I like the shows a lot, but I also find learning about the business and production side of anime and their history to be really interesting. When I first came to ANN, many of the articles and news seemed excessively detailed about production staff and companies and varying business ventures and not very interesting, but as I continued reading about anime, I gradually grew aware of how those boring articles actual had meaningful implications for anime and what shows we might expect for the coming seasons. So...learning about anime, because I enjoy watching it?
Yunho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
for some reason when i saw the title i thought of that priest who claimed he brought back the dead from the first few episodes of fullmetal alchemist right away
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
XerBlade wrote:
FierceAlchemist wrote:
What about Kirei from the Fate series?

This. Seriously, the guy spends his life trying to be the most devout Catholic possible... in the Anderson from Hellsing variety... (seriously, he basically starts out as a far-less-manic Anderson) and then realizes, "hey, I get off on other people's pain and suffering, TIME FOR SOME FUN." He spends the rest of his days alternating between trolling justice-minded heroes for his own amusement and hatching devious plots to drive people in despair into... more despair, while never forgetting to enjoy his wine.

This. A million times this.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
ajr wrote:
I was going to put "watching the shows" for the poll, but in all honesty, I spend more time checking ANN and CR than actually watching anime (sadface). I like the shows a lot, but I also find learning about the business and production side of anime and their history to be really interesting. When I first came to ANN, many of the articles and news seemed excessively detailed about production staff and companies and varying business ventures and not very interesting, but as I continued reading about anime, I gradually grew aware of how those boring articles actual had meaningful implications for anime and what shows we might expect for the coming seasons. So...learning about anime, because I enjoy watching it?

Yes, me too.
I can spend hours browsing for any anime/manga-related stuffs. One leads to the other (almost unconsciously). Curiosity is a scary thing.

*though I've voted for interacting with other fans

Last edited by Dian Z on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
at least I'm not the only one who thought Mr. Kotomine Kirei should have at least been on the list! all those orphans in the basement, man. >.<
Sorrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
law240 wrote:
Honorable mention to Adam Blade/Zero from Needless a priest who keeps grenades in his Bible just in case.

This man here should have won it. On top of being a clone of the second coming of christ. He is a lolicon, a battle nut prpbably doesn't know a single line from the bible and just doesn't give a damn about anything except his friends and dem lolis.

He's like the unholy/anti priest personified LOL.
MexicanAnime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know multiple people have already voiced Kirei, as I feel he should have been on that list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4