• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Long Shots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
To Be Announced on PS3. Yeah same time as FF15 and KH3.

I fail to see the problem with "P5" being developed for PS3. Unless you're the type of gamer who tosses hardware out the window when its immediate successor is announced, in which case it's your problem, not Atlus'.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Each new Mana game is more disappointing than the game that proceeded it. Still to this day. WHY!

I'll object to that as far as Heroes of Mana is concerned. I liked that one.

Also, anyone think that the girl in the front-right in this pic looks like a palette-swapped MOMO from Xenosaga 3?
Seiru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Huh,didn't thought Persona Q will be canon actually.And If they stay for the long run I wonder how.I'm seriously thinking that if this story is canon then it would end with something like they forget that this whole event ever happened and forget that Rei and Zen existed.Also Rei is seriously giving me 'going to sacrifice herself for the good of something' vibes..But let's see how the game plays out since it's coming pretty soon.

Also,funny that I was talking about the Mana franchise with my brother the other day and here there is an article about it.Laughing I really gotta get back into the Mana franchise!Only played Secret of Mana on SNES and Wii and I enjoyed it but I should really try out the other games.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Yea I did not think Legend of Mana was that bad either.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
I REALLY want myself a complete set of those tarot cards, as Persona 3 is what got me started & interested in tarot in general. It's a shame they are asking such a crazy-expensive price & not even giving the full deck with PQ.

Gundam is an absolute purchase for me. I've been hooked since the second game. So long as this new one plays like DWG3 but with the maps from DWG2 & uses the equip/skill system from DWG3, I'm expecting I'll like it. Will also be grabbing every DLC for it once those are out too.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

I fail to see the problem with "P5" being developed for PS3. Unless you're the type of gamer who tosses hardware out the window when its immediate successor is announced, in which case it's your problem, not Atlus'.
Im a collector and an Otaku. I wouldn't dare.

The fanbase isn't ready to let go after less than a year of the new systems. PS4 isn't established is what im saying. Persona 5 should have plenty of love. Atlus is smart about release dates but if the off chance they weren't , it will be buried if square gets their most anticipated product out.

What i was saying is that it seems to me Atlus is focusing on the popularity of 3 and 4 too much. I want 5 not Q. Thats just me. They are still around so whatever works.

Seiken Densetsu 2 is my fave on SNES but those days are gone. The problem is that none of the newer one compare. Comparing it is the problem. Heroes was great but not the same. We are spoiled with SOM.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
Mystic powers! Grant me a miracle.

Atlus has whored out P4 a bit too much. Which I guess is fine. They do need to make money. Though I guess none of these games have taken up the time of the main Persona team. They aren't making Dancing, Q, and Ultramax.

Still it's a shame that Atlus has been lacking in general on consoles and new ips in general. It's been a while since Radiant Historia or Catherine. There really hasn't been interesting spin off games like the PS2 Devil Summoner or Digital Devil Saga games. I guess Growelanser is taking a indefinite break for Devil Survivor.

Atlus is still solid, but I feel like thier output has gotten less and gotten safer, though this is true for everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Legend of Mana was the last good Mana game, so I long since stopped having any expectations with what Square Enix decides to do with it.
zeopower6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
DRWii wrote:
...You do know "Persona 5" is coming out in less than a year, right?

Wait. Money that none of them show up on time. Naw I like Megaten, can't say that.

It's not TBA. Winter 2014 is coming up pretty soon for Japan. We'll probably get it Spring/Summer 2015 overseas.

I imagine they'll start reveals for Persona 5 veeerrry soon.

And that Vita dig was full of ouch. Sad
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
Great article, especially the part about shmups. I enjoy them, though I'm not very good at them (reflexes are kinda slow). Still, i always enjoyed Blazing Star for Neo Geo arcade. Sine Mora was also a great recent shooter. I've always been more interested in the misleading cover art some sport. Deathsmiles, Akai Katana, Radirgy, Espalguldo, Bug Princess(Mushi whatever), newer Dodonpachi, that space shooter with a banjo guy on the cover(it started with a p) even Tohou, i wouldnt expect a shooter looking at the cover.

Persona q looks fun, but I've got no 3ds. Persona 5 however i have my eye on.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
I feel like maybe I'm one of the only people who really enjoyed the Cave cellphone bug princess game, Bug Panic.

Sure it starts off kind of trivial but the higher difficulties and later levels are extremely intense. The dual stick controls + shooter makes it like a super updated version of asteroids, and there's rythm/timing elements to it as well with the lock on.

The final boss is one of the most creative shooter final bosses I've seen in a long time as well. Beating it legit on the harder difficultly even with the maximum of 9 lives will take a lot of practice.

The other thing with surprising depth is the time trial and endless modes. Because of a time extension system the time trial modes have a great reward/risk balance (have to go for combos to get bosses to appear so you can get bonus time, but can't die too much in the process) Endless mode because of the usual exponential combo system rewards chaining high combos and boosting rank to insane levels so you can clear the screen, just like in a do-donpachi like game.

But you'd never see that level of play unless you really work at it. The multiplayer was also a lot of fun while there were a lot of players on it. I beat Masaking himself once Smile.

Worth the $4 I say (but then so are all the cave games except maybe the port of espagaruda).
D-Rock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
You disappoint me immensely. You didn't even mention the Gradius series (Gradius III in particular). For shame.
methedemon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Legend of Mana was the last good Mana game, so I long since stopped having any expectations with what Square Enix decides to do with it.

Legend of Mana was a terrible game dude.
sfried

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, Shovel Knight continues to be awesome.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
Legend of Mana was a terrible game dude.

That's only your opinion. By the way, harassing me in private messages using alternate accounts is immature and pathetic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3