• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Chaika - The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle Episodes 1-10 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Parsifal24 wrote:
the ending of the series was too close to the spoiler[Scrapped Princess Anime] ending for me to find it that enjoyable.

Yep, but it didn't make me enjoy it any less. Totally agree with the weaknesses of this 2nd season, but I still enjoyed the overall story this anime gave us.

Do wish the 2nd season had the extra 2 episodes, but still one of my favourite 2014 series.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And your point is. . .?

The Moribito anime went well beyond the book in what it detailed, BTW. (You can read the review for the novel on this site if you want more details.)

I didn't have a point, other than to say what I read of the books was good writing. Thanks for your tone.

zztop wrote:
Avenging Battle's ending, and Gaz's endgame, are both anime-original. The recent Vol 11 of the source LNs ends the adventure on a bittersweet note.

I think leaving spoiler[God] out of this was for the best. In my opinion, that's too much. Maybe it was a good read, but that wouldn't have enough breathing room in a 10 episode season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
zztop, thank you for your explanation of the ending of the novels. I am completely obsessed with this show, but the novels are so hard to find translated into a language I can understand. I appreciate you putting the time into typing that up.

I wish they could have gone that route with the anime, but like others have said, it wouldn't have worked with the amount of episodes they had to make the series.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
zztop wrote:

Thank you zztop for that summary. Definitely a more interesting prelude to the endgame. If only the anime had had the means to follow it instead of cutting short...

Quote:
Readers are hoping Vol 12 (due March 2015) will give finality to Chaika's ultimate fate.

Would you be kind enough to give us a short summary of that too once it comes out and have had a chance to read it?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow, didn't know how radically different the Manga is from the original Chaika anime series(s).

Frankly I think it was for the best given sensitivity and arguably the confusion about God character. Maybe volume 12 will make things better, but you can't always have a Hollywood ending.spoiler[

I have to agree, season 2 ended a bluntly and took some of the punch out of the overall show. I with they had kept the entire series aired at the same time unless there was some production problems.

Good show, worth watch as whole. I'd have to read the Manga if i would dig it or not.]
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Wow, didn't know how radically different the Manga is from the original Chaika anime series(s).

Frankly I think it was for the best given sensitivity and arguably the confusion about God character. Maybe volume 12 will make things better, but you can't always have a Hollywood ending.spoiler[

I have to agree, season 2 ended a bluntly and took some of the punch out of the overall show. I with they had kept the entire series aired at the same time unless there was some production problems.

Good show, worth watch as whole. I'd have to read the Manga if i would dig it or not.]

It isn't based off of a novel. The manga only covers the first 3-4 novels or so. I believe it's ending without adapting the entire series as well. The novels have been fan translates but only up through the first chapter of the third volume. I hope Yen Press picks up the novels at some point. I'd love to read them. Plus unless there is a huge difference in content, it could probably be sold as YA fiction better than some light novel series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2