• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Monster Cast, Theme Singers Return for tri. Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Conko wrote:
With Digimon Adventure Tri next season what order should the Digimon series be watched in?Do I need to watch anything before watching Tri?

Well, Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 would be a good start...

That said, since Digimon is a kids show and the first two seasons are 15 years old, I'm guessing they'll make it pretty accessible to new viewers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ani12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Is the April air date correct? Last air date I saw was Q2 2015.
kpk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
T.K looks HOT!

Am I the only one who thinks that? Anyone? Anyone? Embarassed
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
I wonder if characters from Adventure 02 will make appearances.
kpk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Why couldn't Urobuchi write this? Confused

Or at least Chiaki J. Konaka, who wrote the third season, the BEST season of the show.

I would have watched it then, but I don't trust the writer they've picked for this show.
Umeko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Shinraisei wrote:
rizuchan wrote:
Wonder if the song will be an entirely new recording of Butter-Fly or just a new mix? Since I know Wada Kouji was having some health problems. I'm guessing Maeda Ai will do the ending since she's playing Mimi again. And speaking of Mimi, from the visuals of her in uniform I take it she moved back to Japan?

Wada Kouji has a new (mini) album coming out on the 25th called "Re-fly". It pretty likely that if it'll be on that album, it will be a new remix.

Also, Ayumi Miyazaki confirmed on his Twitter earlier that brave heart will be remixed! Very Happy

The image says that both Butter-Fly and brave heart will be new recordings. The version of Butter-Fly on the re-fly mini album is the original recording, though.
remiell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Looking great! I'm so excited! Very Happy
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I seriously can't wait for this. I rewatched the first Digimon Adventure a while ago and loved it. Digimon Adventure 02 however... eeeeeeh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Radrappy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
does it freak anyone else out how they all have the same proportions and hair now? The original show had such fun and cartoony proportions that made it always easy to tell who was who:

remiell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I love 'Butterfly' and 'Brave Heart' btw. Glad they're in as well!
Shinraisei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Umeko wrote:
Shinraisei wrote:
rizuchan wrote:
Wonder if the song will be an entirely new recording of Butter-Fly or just a new mix? Since I know Wada Kouji was having some health problems. I'm guessing Maeda Ai will do the ending since she's playing Mimi again. And speaking of Mimi, from the visuals of her in uniform I take it she moved back to Japan?

Wada Kouji has a new (mini) album coming out on the 25th called "Re-fly". It pretty likely that if it'll be on that album, it will be a new remix.

Also, Ayumi Miyazaki confirmed on his Twitter earlier that brave heart will be remixed! Very Happy

The image says that both Butter-Fly and brave heart will be new recordings. The version of Butter-Fly on the re-fly mini album is the original recording, though.

Oh? I had been looking for a tracklist but hadn't seen one up yet (nor mention on Wada Kouji's twitter--though I'm speaking to one of the Re-fly tweets). Is there a tracklist up yet then? Surprised

EDIT: And I knew the two songs were new recordings, I was using the wrong word when I was writing that post
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Conko wrote:
With Digimon Adventure Tri next season what order should the Digimon series be watched in?Do I need to watch anything before watching Tri?

You really just need to watch Adventure and, to a certain extent, Adventure 02. Every series since (Tamers, Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars) has taken place in their own individual alternate universes.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
I seriously can't wait for this. I rewatched the first Digimon Adventure a while ago and loved it. Digimon Adventure 02 however... eeeeeeh.

I know how you feel. Especially the first part irked me a lot. After that it picked up slightly and was a good bit more bearable but the new cast always felt vastly inferior to the old to me.

As for the songs... well, just like anything for once I actually have to get used to Japanese versions. As I said, Digimon Adventures was one of our better (perhaps even best) early dubs overall, the music dubs were great, our Butterfly version is still a smash hit after all these years that almost every anime fan can and will sing along with whenever it is played (pretty much THE German song you need to play at least once at every party/convention). So, this is one series where I actually had never that much need to see the original with subs as I usually prefer.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
MysticMew wrote:
thekingsdinner wrote:

I know how you feel. Especially the first part irked me a lot. After that it picked up slightly and was a good bit more bearable but the new cast always felt vastly inferior to the old to me.

As for the songs... well, just like anything for once I actually have to get used to Japanese versions. As I said, Digimon Adventures was one of our better (perhaps even best) early dubs overall, the music dubs were great, our Butterfly version is still a smash hit after all these years that almost every anime fan can and will sing along with whenever it is played (pretty much THE German song you need to play at least once at every party/convention). So, this is one series where I actually had never that much need to see the original with subs as I usually prefer.

yeah,most of Digimon dubs were faithful to the original version,including the great soundtrack...except the English dub,which REALLY doesn't hold up well with all those 4Kids-style(Saban,Nelvana and D.I.C were already doing these way before 4Kids became the main refference) changes...
And you can be sure Saban is going to dub this one,remove all the awesome music and includes lots of lame puns and jokes in scenes that don't call for it and the people who are nostalgic for the old dub will like it...
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
ani12 wrote:
Is the April air date correct? Last air date I saw was Q2 2015.

April Is the start of the second quarter. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

I've spent most of this week marathoning Digimon on Netflix, I'm up to episode 30-something of 02. Lots of nostalgia here and I still love it, but as an experienced fan (not that Digimon was my first anime or anything, not by a long shot) it's easy to laugh at some of the crazy edits they made. Still, I have to give them credit for at least keeping the series in Japan and not completely Americanizing every little thing like most children's dubs of the time did.

I actually like 02 a lot, though I'm still not sure why Davis was the leader and not TK (who took that role quite often anyway).

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5