• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online Producer Shinichiro Kashiwada & Voice Actor Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
I wonder what Matsuoka thinks of the English, if he has seen it. I think this

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, Absolute Duo, SAO, Campione, Trinity Seven, Saekano, Danmachi, No Game No Life, and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (among others). His Pigeonholed Voice Actor would be being a harem dude.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
I must be one of the few people that absolutely disliked GGO. Mother's Rosario saved SAOII for me, though.

As for Matsuoka, I'd like to hear his thoughts on Shokugeki no Soma.
XZiggsX

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I've read that the general reaction from amarica was better to SAO II than SAO I. I respect that since SAO II was great too. However, in my oppinion (and everybody I spoke to who watched the show) SAO I was the best. The Mother Arc was really original and was a great addition. Also the Perma-death made it an actual world. my friends and myself are all gamers and are jellous of the amazing adventures Kirito has first hand and how amazing SAO would actually be as a game (aside from the fact that u can die, even though that aspect makes sure players try hard not to die :/ )

sorry for the long comment, I just got really excited typing this!

summary -> Me (EU) <3 SAO I >SAO II
Thunder_God

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
If the producer/actor, or at least the Japanese side are the ones who provided their answers in English, then it's charming to see how they tried to talk to us. If they answered in Japanese, and a professional translator/editor translated it to English, then they left a lot to be desired.

This isn't just that, because honestly, it's hard to understand what the producer was talking about, which might be understandable if he tried to answer in English (I can tell you that if I want a flowing text in Spanish, I need to write it in Hebrew/English first, because when I tried to write in Spanish from the get go, I'd go for the shortest possible sentences and paragraphs).

I mean, the producer told us he's involved with the animation, but not actually what he does Anime cry and I'm now unsure whether the other person is in charge of the novels, or the packaging, because half the time he sounds like Kawahara's agent, or something.

P.S. When SAO S2 ended I said, its content is much better than the first season, it's true, but I just enjoyed it less. Might be because I've already read those LNs, or because I watched it weekly as it came out, or simply because I kept watching myself watch the show...
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Thunder_God wrote:
I mean, the producer told us he's involved with the animation, but not actually what he does Anime cry and I'm now unsure whether the other person is in charge of the novels, or the packaging, because half the time he sounds like Kawahara's agent, or something

The interview was done with two translators and both Kawahara and Matsuoka responded in Japanese. One translator would give answers in third person, so this had to be switched to first person for the transcription.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thunder_God

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Thunder_God wrote:
I mean, the producer told us he's involved with the animation, but not actually what he does Anime cry and I'm now unsure whether the other person is in charge of the novels, or the packaging, because half the time he sounds like Kawahara's agent, or something

The interview was done with two translators and both Kawahara and Matsuoka responded in Japanese. One translator would give answers in third person, so this had to be switched to first person for the transcription.

Thanks for the response! So an on the spot translation, that explains it.

I'm still left wondering what exactly it is the producer actually does, from his answers. Felt very PR-like, which is fine, I guess.
Yause

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Thunder_God wrote:
I mean, the producer told us he's involved with the animation, but not actually what he does Anime cry and I'm now unsure whether the other person is in charge of the novels, or the packaging, because half the time he sounds like Kawahara's agent, or something.

To clarify, Kazuma Miki is Kawahara's editor. That's his main job, and he looks after the interests of ASCII Media Works. Ultimately, he controls the franchise and has a lot of influence over how related projects are executed (artwork approval, choosing which books to cover in the anime, etc.).

Shinichiro Kashiwada represents Aniplex, so his responsibilities revolve more closely around the anime itself: managing budgets, ensuring that the studio is on track, securing broadcast slots and streaming arrangements, etc. Kashiwada's original background is in production management, so he also hires some of the talent (Shingo Adachi, Tetsuya Kawakami....) for his projects.
rpgmaniac

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
For me Aincrad Arc was my favorite because I love the fantasy setting & I play fantasy MMORPGs for the past 11 years also it was the only Arc were you could die in real life if your char HP reach 0 in game & then I like the setting a huge tower so massive that it have whole towns in it & 100 floors in total that was amazing if only it last longer that's my only complain it was too short! I would like to see at least 50 episodes in Aincrad this would make me so happy give me more of Aincrad why they finish it so soon? they could do so much more Sad I blame the one who made the novel for that.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
ANN: Asking the hard questions you want answered

While I think this interview is fine (if not simply very typical) we did have another half-dozen questions or so I really wish we'd have been given time to ask.

All questions are also put through an approval process with the guest's handlers beforehand.

though i was surprised that they werent asked on the negative reactions the fairy dance arc and the aincrad is being received cause from what i saw, it definitely sounded and felt that he wasnt into the bonds episode that much
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2