• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: P.A. Works to Produce HaruChika Anime Based on Mystery Novel Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
Hmm, so the chaika original character designer also did the novel drawings. I quite like those covers, they remind me of Piano no Mori or Irie Aki works.

And I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the novels came out before Euphonium. And any talks about adapting the source material would have started well before Euphonium actually aired.
NormanS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
It cant be anymore worse than Glasslip. And i hope it continues for that to be their low point.

I've enjoyed nearly all of P.A work's stuff except for that and maybe Angel Beats (i didn't bother with Eccentric Family)
Jackanapes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Why do people think this has to be a response to Sound Euphonium. Other than it having musical instruments as a premise there's no reason to suspect such a thing. There have been shows about music and school clubs being shut down before and there will be stories about such things after, just as it was with Euphonium, just as it is with this show. It's an adaptation after all.

If anything they probably just see like Kyoani probably saw that music anime is popular in general right now and are getting back on board with this and the upcoming Charlotte as they've done music anime before at P.A Works.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Jackanapes wrote:
Why do people think this has to be a response to Sound Euphonium. Other than it having musical instruments as a premise there's no reason to suspect such a thing. There have been shows about music and school clubs being shut down before and there will be stories about such things after, just as it was with Euphonium, just as it is with this show. It's an adaptation after all.

If anything they probably just see like Kyoani probably saw that music anime is popular in general right now and are getting back on board with this and the upcoming Charlotte as they've done music anime before at P.A Works.

It has more to do with the choice (chance?) to adapt a novel into anime, and not a LN. That practice is pretty rare in recent times (and I'm using 'recent' loosely here).
Paulo27

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Jackanapes wrote:

It has more to do with the choice (chance?) to adapt a novel into anime, and not a LN. That practice is pretty rare in recent times (and I'm using 'recent' loosely here).
It's all just one big coincidence, like how for next season we're going to have another one of those "prince/princess is forced to leave their castle and goes on an adventure" when we also had Yona going during Fall and Winter and Arslan this season. There are other trends going too like the cooking one that has been going for a while in the manga scene and has now started to get adaptations and just recently there seems to be a lot of shows about bikes, coincidence, trends, most of these shows are too close together for you to even be able to take into consideration that they're riding on each other's success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2