• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: .hack//Legend of the Twilight DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:44 am Reply with quote
You know Nick, it's okay to give a crap show a failing grade. C- represents something that is technically passable but is so insipidly boring and/or mediocre that it barely makes the grade. From the tone and content of your review, Legend of the Twilight doesn't sound mediocre but outright bad (you even use that specific word), so there's no need to be generous. Just give it the D or D+ that it deserves.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:00 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
The only good thing that came from watching this anime was the end credit song: Emerald Green by See-Saw.

I'd love to hear a live performance some day.

The .hack//SIGN ED, yasashii yoake has been covered with Yuuka Nanri performing vocals in place of Chiaki Ishikawa, along with original flute player Rie Akagi and the FictionJunction/Kalafina Front Band Members.

Correcting an earlier post, I found a clip of the .hack//Legend... OP "NEW WORLD":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90FoDVjPdaY
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Haa, good old .hack//Incest. I had the (dis)pleasure of watching this at least once back in the first days of my anime fandom, when it was airing in the dead hours of Cartoon Network a decade ago. Even then I knew it wasn't good, and I think it was only my residual interest from SIGN that kept me watching.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Hotaru is actually also in the second AI BUSTER novel's final story, connecting it to the rest of the story. The manga, that is. As far as I'm concerned, the anime doesn't exist.

Hotaru! One of the few characters I liked in the manga/anime, though I have to admit that it's been so long, I forgot what was in that chapter/story. I liked the novels of .hack a lot (in Japanese and English--it's a shame for English .hack fans that Epitaph of Twilight was never translated, since it's my second favorite novel, second only to the first AI Buster). I can't remember if that particular story was worth the read, though, since there were several stories of various quality in AI Buster 2.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:35 am Reply with quote
Bryce Papenbrook as Shugo is kinda like looking at a preview of Bryce Papenbrook as Kirito. Trapped in an MMO, wields bladed weapons, can't avoid incest (though to be fair, Suguha wasn't as bad as Reina to begin with).

I really do wonder how Allison Keith wound up in the cast, though. She was, and still is, an ADV/Sentai Filmworks actor.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
This show was fun! I like it. It's somewhat a guilty pleasure of mine. If anyone wants a good story, go read the manga of this series. Much better plot

true enough. especially with the intro of aura's daughter who also have a thing for shugo which made rena jealous as hell. and the manga's ending proves that in a nutshell. but the anime series is decent enough for any hack fan.

however i watched this series along with sign and roots on CN and to be frank roots is the weakest of the three series. sure while there are faults in this one, there is a reason why its still popular in the otaku community at that time. not as popular as sign,but popular nevertheless was cause of the fanservice.

especially when it came towards the siblings and the wolf.

but just because that there are hints of possible brother/sister tendencies doesnt mean that the series is one. trust me. i know that much since i watch series with that genre on a regular basis. however i wasnt surprise on the grade on the series cause the tendencies are there, and people have moved on from that genre. dont believe me. see SAO's Fairy Dance Arc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2