• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Hits Cartoon Network Latin America

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanami

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
So it is cheaper to re-dub the entire thing in Spanish, but not to re-dub the entire thing with extra 10-35 seconds of deleted scenes per episode. Rolling Eyes

There is no problem with the costs of dubbing. The actual difficulty are the rights for the show. Maybe the license is cheaper if they get the US version. I don't know a lot about it, really, but I think that's why some of the anime they broadcast in channels like Animax Latin America seem to be the US version. Con someone confirm it?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
wilson_x1999 wrote:
FlamingPinecone wrote:
the real question is how do you say "believe it!" in spanish.

fawhooosh?

That'd be "Creelo!", but that's a very literal translation, I'm thinking they'll be using something different.

Actually, wouldn't it be "crealo"? It's the command form of the verb "creer".
Vanr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:52 am Reply with quote
Not really. They are both command forms, but "crealo" is a more proper way of saying it. "creelo" is a more common and casual way, which is better.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote
Djshinnosuke wrote:

From watching this video, Naruto's two español voices remind me of a little boy's voice from those Spanish shows I use to watch as a child.

Anyways, I bet that Naruto's spanish dubbed version of "BELIEVE IT!" would be "CREALO!" I know this because there's this site called Free Translaton that can translate whatever you type.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sandra monte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote
Latin friends,
Brazilian version was lightly edited by Viz. Probably, will be same version for all Latin America.
The versions that are shown in CN and Animax Channel of the region are aways equal.

Sandra Monte Wink
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Djshinnosuke wrote:

From watching this video, Naruto's two español voices remind me of a little boy's voice from those Spanish shows I use to watch as a child.

Anyways, I bet that Naruto's spanish dubbed version of "BELIEVE IT!" would be "CREALO!" I know this because there's this site called Free Translaton that can translate whatever you type.

So you take the word of an online dictionary over the word of two Spanish-speaking people? Nice one buddy.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Nah, it wouldn't be "Crealo". It's "creelo" because of the fact that it is more informal. "Crealo" would be used when making a command in the "Usted" form (which is singular, formal for "you", like when talking to a elder). "Creelo" would be the command in the "tú" form (which is much more informal, and would be used in everyday conversation). I'm sure all of you know that most anime characters, Naruto included, speak in a very informal way, so the phrase "Creelo" is ideal, that is, if they plan on using it as Naruto's catchphrase. Trust me, I won third in the state of New Jersey for a Spanish Exam, and plus, how could you not believe two native Spanish speakers? Rolling Eyes
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Where's "The Click"?
Is It On Hiatus Untill Next Week?

As For This Topic, YAY Now PR Will Get To See Mr. "Beleave It!"

--The FZ
MCK Fan Since 2002
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I live in Mexico so what i heard about from the dub director, they will get the Edited (chopped, mutilated, yelling to be killed, looking for euthanasia) version of Cartoon Network USA

wow. that description applies to so many anime its not even funny.

it also applies to mass marketing when anime goes into places like hot topic.
marina_pluton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
(I don't speak english very well, but I'll do my best)

Naruto wouldn't say "Crealo" is just too formal.
However, the translation is going to be "de veras" or "de veritas" with a very mexican accent. It is a very common expression, it means "really".
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Djshinnosuke wrote:

marina_pluton wrote:
Naruto wouldn't say "Crealo" is just too formal. However, the translation is going to be "de veras" or "de veritas" with a very mexican accent. It is a very common expression, it means "really".

According to the video, I'm pretty sure Naruto is saying 'de veras' in the Mexican version. I think it fits, especially if that's a common expression as well.
Uchihaluis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Thats right what he actually says its "de veras" its an affirmation like "really"...
sylentcheos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
That's right. " De veras" Sounds to me like that's what they'll be using. De veras! Believe it!
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
Knowing Mexican dubbers, they'll probably use the "de veritas" one, since they've been using a lot of Mexican expressions in their work (E.G: James in Pokémon... At first he had a quite neutral way of talking, but now...)

EDIT: Naruto in Spanish says: de veras!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2