• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film Slated for Next Spring in Japan, Late 2016 Interna

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! creator Kazuki Takahashi took to the stage at San Diego International Comic Con on July 11, 2015 to address fans about the brand new Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie “Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions” that will be coming to theaters. In addition to revealing the movie’s title he also debuted the film’s poster.

During the panel Mr. Takahashi revealed more about the film’s story. The film takes place a year after the conclusion to Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. In addition to Yugi and Kaiba you will be seeing a lot of familiar faces on screen – characters previewed included Joey, Tristan, Tea, and even Bakura, all with updated designs.

Mr. Takahashi also brought along storyboards which he shared with the audience, but by far most exciting thing shown at the panel was a teaser trailer for the new movie, which we will debut online 7/18.

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions is scheduled to premiere in Japan Golden Week 2016. Release dates outside of Japan are TBD.

http://www.yugioh.com/news/sdcc-2015-panel
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Having watched Yu-Gi-Oh all the way to its end years ago, I can't wait to see The Dark Side of Dimensions. Yūgi and perhaps Seto aside, I think most of the familiar characters are going to get new English seiyuu...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Having watched Yu-Gi-Oh all the way to its end years ago, I can't wait to see The Dark Side of Dimensions. Yūgi and perhaps Seto aside, I think most of the familiar characters are going to get new English seiyuu...

Well, with enough fan support (likely through petitioning) and bringing awareness to Dan and Eric about the movie, it is possible that we can get the rights holders here to have them reprise their roles.
Sailor Hatsune Miku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Like I said rather would like it subtitled because the dub isn't well..my taste per say and dubs change too much. They already showed pictures for Black Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2