• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kan Colle Franchise Gets Anime Film in 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Two seasons and a movie!

Hope they find better footing with their story. I enjoyed the first season since I'm such a maniac for the browser game and its characters, but it was not a good show.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
So, according to the character cast and new girls, it's a sequel and clearly not a recap like Arpeggio. Good.

Lemonchest wrote:
I look forward to seeing which navel defeat Kan Colle retcons into a glorious Nippon victory next.

Blame the Hiroyuki Yoshino for misleadings in anime - cause KanColle never been a reconstrustion, and the WWII has already occurred in the past in its setting.

About that: Arpeggio had two films scheduled. The second one is the sequel, in the fall. Similar scenario happened with the 2 Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary films this year.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
About that: Arpeggio had two films scheduled. The second one is the sequel, in the fall. Similar scenario happened with the 2 Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary films this year.

I know that, of course. Even that the first Arpeggio movie recapped the TV series only in just about 1 hour, and other ~35 minutes is the new material.

But based on the cast of the KanColle movie, there is more like a sequel to the TV series. The TV series only presented the two Kai Ni kanmusu - Kongou and Yuudachi (and according the news, there at least five kanmusu in the movie who appeared in the TV anime, but didn't had Kai Ni), and there is also the three kanmusu, who are didn't even appeared or mentioned in the TV series - Furutaka, Kako and Choukai.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
RitsuLaw, I saying this because I like Japanese dogs and noticed that there have been anime/manga of animals/animal spirits being anthropo-morphized as people before (I think Himari from Omamor Himari counts). Plus, it would be interesting, to me, to see the Akita be the female lead and the Tosa, a Mastiff-breed (my avatar) that is the largest Japanese breed, compete for the lead male's affections. With this, the Tosa would have the biggest boobs followed by the Akita while the Shiba would be the pettanko.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Just chiming in to share the hope that it won't be a recap movie to boost sales for the sequel, whose format hasn't been announced yet (most likely another TV show, but the possibility of an OVA or another movie, a la Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio -Ars Nova- Cadenza, still exists).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2