• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 5's 3rd Promo Video Reveals Summer 2016 Delay, Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:55 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I've been waiting a while for a new P5 trailer. So hyped right now cause it looks amazing. They seem to be promoting only the main 4 characters though, which make me both wonder who the other 4 are, and worry that maybe that's all the party members we're getting this time.

I don't really mind the delay, especially since I saw it coming. Altus tends to really promote Persona games that are getting closer to its release date, and we barely got anything about P5.

As someone stated before, I rather have a near perfected game than a buggy one, so no rush Atlus.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Beautiful, just beautiful. I guess since Kuma they want to try a new character like that. Well, this is another Shoji Meguro CD I'll be adding to my collection. As soon as their is pre-order my wallet will be ready.

2016? Yeah, I expected as much. I mean since it's announcement awhile back there are no pre-orders for it so looks like it's something look forward you summer of '16 on. I'll be adding this to my list of game purchases. This will be our first Persona game. I'm sure the students will be glad to check it out once we get it. Now if they can just re-release all the other games on game disc, I'd pick that up too.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
I'm fine with the delay, I just started P3P and plan to beat it and then play P4G so this gives me more time to enjoy all the person 4 stuff Anime smile

Trailer looks fantastic and can't wait to hear the english cast Anime smile
hack5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
somehow i a little pissed,summer next year seems far away for me i know its better to have a good game than one that half ass but all the ITS COMING IN 2015 /TRAILERS etc hah its just makes me so mad.If they did dedicate their time to p5 instead of milking p4 dry maybe we would of gotten the game sooner im so piss i didn't even watch the new trailer all the spoilers is just going to take out the element of surprise for me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Arakiba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I see 5 potential playable characters in the party so far. I wonder if that's all or if there are more unannounced.

In interviews they've said there were more than had been revealed. Makes sense, they always have a rather large cast.

Anyway I'm honestly quite disappointed. I know everything will be forgiven on my end once I have my grubby mitts on the game in 2016, but Atlus had been very adamant about the release being 2015. And to drop the the 9+ month delay (not that I expected the game to release like next week, but I am factoring in the 3 months left in this year, plus the 6 to summer for 2016) at the end of the trailer...just overshadows the awesome trailer.

I am holding out some hope for some big Atlus troll later this week where the cast "steals" back the 2015 date (may just me being very hopeful, but the banter at the start of the video does sound kind of hinting toward something like that). If they do, I swear I will forever worship Atlus (not that I don't already)
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Great, another year of waiting. Atlus lied. Sigh, guess I'll be packing my ps4 away into my closet until next summer..after I finish MGS V
rinshiiya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
aaahhh sad because of the delay... but REALLY happy because Mamoru Miyano!! yay!

this game just keeps looking more & more phenomenal. the delays really suck but I know I won't regret the wait once this game is in my hands.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Summer 2016 ?..

this will be tough.. given a lot of games are coming out on the PS4 in 2016.. some of them are big contenders too..

but it will be the last good game on the PS3..
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh man that trailer was amazing, and the gameplay and level design looks great. I wonder who did the animation, it looks kinda like Madhouse style. The delay sucks but I'm cool with it, as long as in that time they don't shift this to PS4 exclusive.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Oh man that trailer was amazing, and the gameplay and level design looks great. I wonder who did the animation, it looks kinda like Madhouse style. The delay sucks but I'm cool with it, as long as in that time they don't shift this to PS4 exclusive.

Its Production IG. As for PS4 exclusive, HIGHLY doubt that'll happen. Especially as the trailer and teasers have been showing both PS3 and PS4.
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote
The game looks absolutely spectacular.

I'm fine with it being delayed. Gives me time to finish P4G at a relaxed pace. My first time playing it after finishing P3P a couple months back.

This also gives Sony time to drop the price on the PS4 (and/or release a 1TB model in the US). I was basically holding out for P5 to get a PS4.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
People didn't seriously think this would be out this year did they? I mean I know what they said but come on. With what we've seen before now, a couple short trailers and mostly animated/non-gameplay stuff, there was no way. This was never gonna be out in the next three months.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
One thing that irks me about the delay is that the longer we wait for it, the less likely the PS3 version will be released in America. We had to wait for next gen ports of "Final Fantasy Type-0" and "Danganronpa" because they came out late in the PSP's lifespan, so I'm worried ATLUS and/or Sony is going to force me to shell out for a PS4.
SuperDuperDog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Is that Chopper?

-Googles-

Holy shit it's Tony Tony Chopper!

Ikue Ohtani literally doing the Chopper voice oh my god I need this game!
Arakiba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
One thing that irks me about the delay is that the longer we wait for it, the less likely the PS3 version will be released in America. We had to wait for next gen ports of "Final Fantasy Type-0" and "Danganronpa" because they came out late in the PSP's lifespan, so I'm worried ATLUS and/or Sony is going to force me to shell out for a PS4.

I honestly wouldn't worry at all. They've said multiple times that it is for both here as well. They wouldn't do that. Its Atlus, for Pete's sake (by that I mean, these are the guys KNOWN for releasing games on last-gen consoles. They did this for BOTH Persona 3 (Fes edition) and Persona 4. They are not going to shoot themselves in the foot over here)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3