• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HaNaYaMaTa Anime Gets English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Add me to the list of those quite surprised (shocked, even) that this is getting the dub treatment, as I wouldn't have thought that it had that broad a predicted appeal.

Still, it was in my Top 5 for 2014, so this definitely isn't a disappointment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
As a dub only viewer, it always feels awesome when i hear these kind of news. Keep it up Sentai!

My thoughts exactly haha as an avid dub fan who loves all kinds of genre's especially niche titles or titles that almost never get dubbed this is great news. I might buy 3 copies of this and give 2 away for friends, I know one person wont make much of a difference but any chance to add more sales so that we may see Sentai take a risk and dub more titles that would most likely be sub only is more then worth it Anime smile

Side note but this gives me slight hope that Sentai might give a dub to another anime that I absolutely can't wait to see (Celestial Method) that I have pegged for a sub only release. Doesn't hurt to have hope haha
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised at this news as much as anyone else.

Then again, Love Live has proved that there is an audience for 'cute girls doing melodramatic musical dancy things'. So maybe Sentai saw its recent surge in popularity and thought that they might be able to attract the same audience with one of their own shows.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Woah
ivanchoFAA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
GEO9875 wrote:
As a dub only viewer, it always feels awesome when i hear these kind of news. Keep it up Sentai!

My thoughts exactly haha as an avid dub fan who loves all kinds of genre's especially niche titles or titles that almost never get dubbed this is great news. I might buy 3 copies of this and give 2 away for friends, I know one person wont make much of a difference but any chance to add more sales so that we may see Sentai take a risk and dub more titles that would most likely be sub only is more then worth it Anime smile

Side note but this gives me slight hope that Sentai might give a dub to another anime that I absolutely can't wait to see (Celestial Method) that I have pegged for a sub only release. Doesn't hurt to have hope haha

I hope celestial Method gets a dub too!, it's a sweet anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2