• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - A Funi Feeling

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:33 am Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
I wonder if Toei is holding it back to shop the title around for a bit... it would not shock me if they planned on doing that.

I find this weird since Funi has been more active in the DB franchise than Ocean has. Heck, a large part of Funi becoming so big is from DBZ.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I liked having Jennifer on the show, and it was interesting hearing things from her perspective.

Anyways, the biggest take-home message I got from this ANNCast is to watch simulcasts as they're airing, because Japan is paying attention and this is the time they're most interested in knowing the streaming views. Which seems obvious, duh, but is something that wasn't really on my mind when I chose to watch a streaming show. I don't often watch shows as they're simulcasting (Winter season this year was abnormal for me, watching Yona and Death Parade weekly and then picking up Shirobako two episodes before the end). Once I started streaming more and watching less cable, I got away from weekly watching. I'd rather sit through several episodes at once of the same show (I marathoned 11 episodes of Gatchaman Crowds Insight just last night). But this is a reminder that I should select some favorites and try to keep up with them as they're airing.

Anyways, thanks for the ANNCast!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Just thought of a question I wish I had asked but may never get answered. I wonder if Starchild doing the English subtitles for Shimoneta has anything to do with Evangelion 3.33 getting new subtitles as well. This is under the assumption that Khara or whoever on the Japanese side was involved did not like or agree with FUNimation's subtitles...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2