• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alderamin on the Sky Light Novel Series Gets Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Vent wrote:
I am really sick of LNs where the protagonist is brilliant-but-lazy and outsmarts everyone by just naturally Being Better.

Granted it's better than being a personality black hole like the kiritos of the world but not by a whole lot

What other LN that the Mc is lazy and smart?
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
All that was needed was for the MC to have knowledge on animals and insects and then we would have Welkin Gunther. lol Got me interested.
Metal Fennrir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Kind of interesting. The manga's pretty alright, haven't read the novels tho. But still, I hope they adapt the manga plot in like 6 episodes TOP... hell, make it 5. Because otherwise it's gonna be one long ass boring anime to sit through (that is thinking about the manga, who knows how it is on the LN)
GhostOfShowsPast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I gave up on this series when I found out what happens to the best girl.
Darkslayer18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
All that was needed was for the MC to have knowledge on animals and insects and then we would have Welkin Gunther. lol Got me interested.

Actually, he does have knowledge about insect. In the first volume, while being stranded on an island, the MC catches bunch of insect to eat (because he's to weak to catch any big animal). He has a pretty good knowledge on the types of insect and the their nutrition value.
larethian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
No this is not popular in Japan at all. It has a high ranking among industry insiders and veteran readers but is nowhere near top selling light novels.

Also there is no magic, dragons and stuff like that. All pure strategy and tactics in war. The MC is a genius no doubt, and there's another genius on the opposing side as well. The story also touches strongly on topics like governance, loyalty as a double edged sword, politics, and pretty much the tactics and strategies are believable without ass-pulls.

The MC and one of the main heroines also have a platonic relationship with each other. No active romance to date.

If you are looking for ecchi, harem, MCs who can do everything, this is not for you.
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
larethian wrote:
The MC is a genius no doubt, and there's another genius on the opposing side as well. The story also touches strongly on topics like governance, loyalty as a double edged sword, politics, and pretty much the tactics and strategies are believable without ass-pulls.

.....this really sounds like a LN version of LoGH. Is the other genius a blond pretty boy with a penchant for white capes? Very Happy
LinkSword

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
It'll probably be crap like most LN adaptations - and the LNs themselves - but I clicked on this simply because that anime drawing is rather lovely. That LN cover, however, is as trashy as I'm used to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2