• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie English Dub Trailer Reveals Theatrical Release Dates

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Arise never blew me away like the best parts of Stand Alone Complex, but on average it was very comparable, and I'm looking forward to seeing this movie eventually. The English dub has improved over time, too.

true and its a good dub, however this is one series that funi should have instead used the dub cast from stand alone complex. especially when it comes to the casting for the major.

It's a different incarnation of GitS than SAC, they were under no obligation to use the SAC dub cast. The Japanese didn't. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's voice coming out of a much younger Motoko wouldn't have made much sense.

And anyway, it's hard to get ahold of all those voice actors. Animaze isn't around anymore. Best you could hope for is to get them into a Bang Zoom studio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BVerfG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:07 am Reply with quote
Well, I watch most of GitS, so I'll watch this movie too, but I think the Arise-Stuff is actually the worst of all the GitS Anime. Still hoping for SAC 3rd GiG
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2