• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal 3rd Season's 1st Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
They still look like little kids to me (almost the same age as Chibiusa when she's transformed), but the quality looks WAYYYY better than the crap they gave us before so I'm willing to watch.

Plus the way Uranus and Neptune are drawn? Mmph. Yes, give me more haha.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Much happier without the terrible CG. I can deal with dumb animation quirks, but the CG just really ruined it for me. I wish they would retroactively fix the transformation scenes from the first season.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:

Are we sure it's all new footage ? I thought some of it some taken from the original 90s series. But maybe I'm wrong. Confused

It's definitely all new. The image quality is nowhere near what even the remastered discs attempt. What you might have been seeing, however, are some apparent homages to the 90's series, like when Sailor Moon seems to be starting up the Moon Spiral Heart Attack. Here's what the 90's version looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHMQMyUbXbw
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
While I hesitate to call the animation "great," it still looks a heluva lot better than it did before.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Well the direction for this season is going to be &*() say what you well about last season but I am expecting an even larger backlash to this season.

WHY? for one simple reason Chiaki Kon is a terrible director who Poisons basically everything she touches with her misdirection.
She basically copy and pasted the direction for the live action in Nodame Cantabile.
Higurashi when they cry she added plot holes and had to have the author come in and rescue her in the second season. And she destoryed umineko despite the authors best efforts to keep it together.
Devils and realists and arcana Familia are some of the worst paced shows I have ever seen.
Junjo Romantica.....There are a lot reasons a lot of yaoi fans hate this show now...and she certainly has not helped at all.

Atsuko Ishizuka Would be a FAR BETTER CHOICE!! she is very adapt at using stylish art and animation, she is also a far better director in regards to character development, pacing, and plot development.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
If you say that Devils & Realist is badly paced, you've obviously never read the manga. The anime is almost an exact copy of it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
If you say that Devils & Realist is badly paced, you've obviously never read the manga. The anime is almost an exact copy of it.

Oh I am not saying the manga is well done there is a reason why ever since umineko kon has been put almost exclusively on series others didn't want or when no one has been able to do it pretty much.

However the final episodes could have been much better done same goes for arcana famalia
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Kaolinite tho oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
They still look like little kids to me (almost the same age as Chibiusa when she's transformed), but the quality looks WAYYYY better than the crap they gave us before so I'm willing to watch.

The newer designs went for a more younger version than the last seasons. Doesn't really seem to be the case too much for Neptune and Uranus. Maybe besides the eyes, then went for an older like last seasons, but not too much and inline with this season, which is like a compromise to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
KENZICHI wrote:

The newer designs went for a more younger version than the last seasons. Doesn't really seem to be the case too much for Neptune and Uranus. Maybe besides the eyes, then went for an older like last seasons, but not too much and inline with this season, which is like a compromise to me.

To be fair, that style artwork would be very hard to animate with consistency with a good animation team. It's just too exaggerated and lends itself to being robotic due to that combined with a terrible animation team.

I hated the first two seasons but found the art style and older looking characters attractive. However, I feel like there would be much less animation goofs if they had this style to begin with
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:34 am Reply with quote
I'm excited. I can't wait to see justice done to Kaolinite and W5, and I'm glad that HaruMichi is still super lesbian and lovely. (Maybe more lovely, for me~.)

Huge plus that Etsuko Yakushimaru is doing the themes too. ♥

Still not entirely sold on the art style, because I loved how overtly (old-school) shojo the first two seasons' art was, but I do like that this is still close to some of Naoko's style and it is cute. They tried to merge the Crystal and 90s style which is fair, but also irritating for me. TTuTT
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
I love the new art style for this version of Sailor Moon Crystal, they look more like the manga and like a cross between it and the 90's anime.

I'm amazed to hear that the stupid CGI will be gone too! Laughing

I heard they're not bringing back Moonlight Densetsu Crying or Very sad

But the ending sounds interesting, with Haruka and Michiru singing, especially when you consider S's ending, Tuxedo Mirage, was sung by Usagi, Ami, Makoto, Rei and Minako.

I just hope that this delivers. If it does, I'm counting this as the real first season of Crystal.

@JaggedAuthor

I don't think it's going to this time around because it's airing on TV and not just going to be an ONA. Dunno if it'll stream on Crunchyroll or not though...
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see the new traditionally animated transformations! And, as a fan of Hotaru, I'm really looking forward this new season! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2