• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail TV Anime Has New Project in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisA15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:08 am Reply with quote
If they were going to take another break then surely it would of been better doing it immediately once Zero was finished. I disagree with BlackPoint, I seriously hope they don't announce a filler arc, I raged quit Shippuden a very long time ago for that reason.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:17 am Reply with quote
Looking at the previous instance, is the "new project" another TV series after a year of being in hiatus?

Stark700 wrote:
Wow, it really is going to end? I'm not sure how I feel about this considering the show just got started on a new arc.

The previous TV show ended in the middle of Grand Magic Games, so it isn't new.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:26 am Reply with quote
Welp... that came out of nowhere. I had my suspicions since we're getting 3 OVA's for the rest of the year, but they could've announced this a little sooner if you ask me. Too bad though Sad

louis6578 wrote:
but does anyone actually care about movies for Shounen anime anymore? They seem like massive wastes of time to me.
I do. I love those kinds of movies. I like all the One Piece movies, Bleach movies and the Fairy Tail movie (very excited for the upcoming one). The Naruto and DBZ movies are hit-or-miss, but I still like the majority of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
People think the anime might go on hiatus because there is a message saying the current season end son 26th.. ofc it does that's the current manga chapter .

Also if it's Hiatus! It's cool Anime smile It's awesome Anime smile

I Dont mind waiting for my favorite manga to end animated also!

Mashima Deserves Justice after Rave never got to fully animated!

#prayforthatalso
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
1st was pony canyon and then was avex for the theme songs. i hope some sub label from SMEJ is next Very Happy
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
ChrisA15 wrote:
If they were going to take another break then surely it would of been better doing it immediately once Zero was finished. I disagree with BlackPoint, I seriously hope they don't announce a filler arc, I raged quit Shippuden a very long time ago for that reason.

I wouldnt mind a filler arc because FT anyway rarely has any fillers and a filler arc to fill for the spring wouldnt be that bad and also the fillers that FT had werent that bad
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
You guys are forgetting there is a 2nd movie coming out this suummer.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Maybe it's just the announcement that the anime will continue with the spoiler[Avatar (or Guild Restoration) arc]. Just like they announced a while back that the anime will continue with the Tartaros Arc.

No, the series is most definitely ending.

DontmesswithKarma wrote:
interesting how this is written, almost sounds like a new studio got the rights and are rebooting it. I really doubt that's the case but.... interesting wording I must say

No, it's written like they have to stop because they got too close to the manga, but this time they already have plans in place to continue the series. I can assure you that another studio did not somehow get the rights to a currently airing series, and they aren't rebooting it.

BlackPoint. wrote:
I simply dont see this ending at this point we had today a new episode after FT Zero ended and there is more then enough material to keep giving out episodes for another few months for sure. I hope they either announce a new arc or even a filler arc or perhaps also some more info about the FT Movie which was confirmed quite some time ago

ChrisA15 wrote:

We had a new episode after FT Zero because it's just an arc within the series. Concluding with it would provide an inadequate ending to the 2014 series as a whole. So they're adapting a crew more chapters to get to a good stopping point.

They aren't going to announce a new arc either, the time they would have done that was a couple weeks ago. The series is just flat out ending. You don't have your next episode preview page say the series is ending unless it's ending.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
More then likely there will be some filler during the time Fairy Tail broke up while natsu is training. However I think we'll see the spin off Manga of Grey Ice Trail being animated. It ran along with Fairy Tail Zero. And was written under Mashima's supervision and was in the same magazine. Plus they are considered cannon.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Good. This shitty, repetitive anime that only use the power of friendship needs to end! lol
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear these news. If they're going to stop with spoiler[Lucy and Natsu deciding to gather the guild together again], then that's certainly a good stopping point. They're way too close to the manga, if they didn't stop now, they'd have to do it in the middle of the current arc, which would've been terrible. Hopefully they do take the full year break to give the manga more room to breathe, and maybe let the animators get inspired again, because this last year of muddy colors and barely moving animation has been quite frustrating to watch. Fairy Tail deserves a better anime adaptation, what they're doing right now is just so devoid of any love and passion it's saddening
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Guys, guys, guys. And gals. Don't panic, this exact same thing has happened before. It's basically going on hiatus to allow the current manga arc to finish, then it will pick it up again. I don't follow the manga so I have no idea how far they are into the current arc, but hopefully for fans who still can watch it(I barely made it through the Tartarus arc, god it's nearly as awful as Dragonball Z these. Did enjoy the Zero miniarc though), it won't be a full year before it returns.

Just breathe, folks.
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry too much if I was any of you.

The Avatar & Alvarez arcs are the worst arcs.
friendlyone20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I really wish they would stop ending this anime randomly in the middle of arcs.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Very sad Zero couldn't have lasted a bit longer. Lack of fanserves was just what I needed from Fairy Tail.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4