• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Readers Choose Sexiest Shonen Jump Villains

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
*sees Hisoka and "villain" together* *facepalms*

Hunter x Hunter doesn't have villains, or heroes for that matter, just people in various shades of gray. If anything Chrollo is the closest to a villain because we never got a clear explanation for the Troupe's actions. Hisoka just does whatever he feels like, whether it be seen as 'good' or 'bad'.

Although I do agree, he's the sexiest in my book Wink (especially with Namikawa Daisuke as VA Embarassed )

Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
hisokas a f#cking pedophile how is thats sexy?

Again with this, say what you will but Hisoka is attracted to power, not children specifically.

He was checking out gon and killuas ass in the greed island arc tho
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
I'm baffled about Shishio too. Oh well, I guess a living mummy can be sexy sometimes.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
Crocodile over Doflamingo for representing One Piece? Madness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Yo, there's, like, FOUR Jojo antagonists on the list! That's fantastic! Or should I say bizarre? Wink
Fenrin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

He was checking out gon and killuas ass in the greed island arc tho

I should have been more clear, he's attracted to PEOPLE with power, although I did find that scene oddly a little out of character for him. Maybe he was still hyped up from the accidental voyeurism lol. So technically, yes, he is a pedophile but he also likes anyone else just as long as they have potential, and who has more potential than these bright youths?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:41 am Reply with quote
Koyasu villains are godly. Dio and Takasugi ranking into the top 5 means the VA brings their evilness to a new level unheard of other ordinary VA(s).
LightYapper

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote
Why isn't One Piece's Doflamingo on the list? He's one of the coolest and sexiest looking SJ villains I've come to known in recent memory. Also surprised by Light's no.3 position here.
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
I was coming here to say something something, but the majority of the comments were funnier than I expected. Specially if you're exclaiming "no homo." Laughing
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:

Hunter x Hunter doesn't have villains, or heroes for that matter, just people in various shades of gray. If anything Chrollo is the closest to a villain because we never got a clear explanation for the Troupe's actions. Hisoka just does whatever he feels like, whether it be seen as 'good' or 'bad'.

And that totally disqualifies him as a villain despite he killed some people in the Hunter Exam, Castro and the Zoldyck's butlers, etc. Rolling Eyes
Fenrin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Fenrin wrote:

And that totally disqualifies him as a villain despite he killed some people in the Hunter Exam, Castro and the Zoldyck's butlers, etc. Rolling Eyes

spoiler[Killua, Kurapika and Gon] have all killed as well. But the last two were vengeful and righteous and the first was forgiven, so that's okay right? All those who Hisoka killed were looking for a fight if I remember correctly. And all of the characters have existed in the area of grey morals depending on who you ask, there is no justified murder and there is no heroic deed. If you've learned anything from HxH it's that everyone has reasons and circumstances for their actions, while the label of hero and villian is just superficial and black and white.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
Did the poll specify male villains, or does shonen manga just not have many female villains?

Other than Yu Yu Hakusho and a bit of Bleach and One Piece I have not read much shonen so I am a bit curious about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Gemini Saga
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Konopan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Surprised to see Pucci on this list (but I guess he fits the tall dark and handsome category), but Kira should definitely be there instead of Valentine (and heck even Kars or Dio) if this is a "sexiest" villains poll
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Shocked Wow, are you serious with Shishio? I loved his story arc but he no bishonen
I had the same thought! But I was also "good for him."

In fact, that was an alluring part of his character. He had that babe hangin' off him the whole time. She wasn't attracted to the "outside". She was attracted to everything "inside". Maybe he does belong on a list like this?
ShinraDog

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:23 am Reply with quote
I can't believe Chrollo made the list. He pains me to look at.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3