• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Ghost in the Shell Filming Spotted in Hong Kong

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
I don't know who the hell that guy playing Batou is, but I am immediately disappointed it isn't Ron Perelman.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
not bad so far, but I'm more interested in seeing the script...
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
alvorado wrote:
Interesting to see that whitewashing is condoned and encouraged by people who call themselves "anime fans". What an abject and utter travesty. No wonder these adaptations are in the gutter where they've always been all along, because these short-sighted Hollywood producers rip the soul and beating heart of these worlds, by not respecting the most fundamental facet of what makes these characters who they are. And the rest all clap along, happy to partake in the bloody spoils.

Think you are talking about bad directing, bad producing, bad writing, and possibly a cheap budget. That is what usually kills a movie. Whitewashing has nothing to do with how well a movie is made, but rather is a societal issue that people argue over.

Yeah, I'd take WhiteWashing over badly planned movie any day. I guess the previous person just wanted to point out 'white washing' again as if we didn't notice or argued for the last 12 millionth of times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2