• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist Manga Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited about this! I wish I could go to Kazue Kato's panel at Anime Expo that will undoubtedly have the "official" announcement of the new anime--it will be so exciting! Smile

My favorite arc is the one I'm currently in middle of reading, the Illuminati arc. I love it because of its focus on Izumo. Her backstory was foreshadowed through her character for so many years, it's amazing. I really hope the anime doesn't spend *all* its time on the Impure King arc, because it would be a shame not to have Izumo's arc animated.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
Same original cast, pretty please. No time skip, with sugar on top. Laughing
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
I was kinda hoping for a live action movie announcement Confused

Still, new anime series is exciting news. I wonder how they'll fit it into anime continuity (or just ignore it altogether).
COREY2293

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Great news! I enjoyed the first series but it was clear they didn't follow the manga. I wonder if this is all just going to be original content. Shocked they are making another series to be honest. I wonder what the reason is, must be selling really well
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:26 am Reply with quote
I assume this will be a reboot, as the Anime only ending didn't leave room for a sequel. There is a lot more to work with this time round as well. Though since it is a monthly series, this either catch up fast and wait until later to do more, another Anime only ending or the Manga is close to finishing.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:46 am Reply with quote
How they will do to follow the manga if the previous season deviated ? Shocked
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Have always heard good things about this series. And, I've wanted to give it a look, but knowing that it is open ended stopped me. I know I can jump onto the manga, but seeing as it is in the mid-to-late teens, I've no interest in grabbing a series that is that far in at this point (though I may later down the line), just due to what I'm currently collecting.

But, seeing as this is a continuation, I may now take the time to check out the anime in the lead up to the new season being released. Then, if it does strike me as a great series, I'll look into the manga, as I assume that the manga won't be ending just yet...and that the anime isn't going to have a tied up ending to it.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Personally, I wish I could be hyped, but...The Impure King arc is my least favorite arc in the series, and IMO, all the manga's best parts have already been covered.

Are you kidding? The Impure King arc was when the manga got good.

Agent355 wrote:
I'm really excited about this! I wish I could go to Kazue Kato's panel at Anime Expo that will undoubtedly have the "official" announcement of the new anime--it will be so exciting! Smile

My favorite arc is the one I'm currently in middle of reading, the Illuminati arc. I love it because of its focus on Izumo. Her backstory was foreshadowed through her character for so many years, it's amazing. I really hope the anime doesn't spend *all* its time on the Impure King arc, because it would be a shame not to have Izumo's arc animated.

That seems to be the case. If all goes well, they'll do the Illuminati Arc in another season in a year or two. That would give the manga more material.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:41 am Reply with quote
Well that was a nice surprise I really liked the series and haven't read any of the manga yet so I'm really excited to see some more content Very Happy , I'm hoping they just continue were they left off instead of skipping anything
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:44 am Reply with quote
SnowyLightning44 wrote:
Well that was a nice surprise I really liked the series and haven't read any of the manga yet so I'm really excited to see some more content Very Happy , I'm hoping they just continue were they left off instead of skipping anything

They can't continue where the anime left off. They would have a lot of explaining to do.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
I saw the news on FB and MAL yesterday! Pretty darn exciting, am I right?
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:25 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I needed some good news after hearing that Bleach is ending soon. Talk about one door closing and another one opening Very Happy. I'll be hastily awaiting this along with Sailor Moon Crystal season 4.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
I'm just hoping that the producer adds a little bit of ecchi stuff to this (just a fanservice is alright) and also romance.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Personally, I wish I could be hyped, but...The Impure King arc is my least favorite arc in the series, and IMO, all the manga's best parts have already been covered.

Have to agree it's my least favorite as well
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
They'll probably take the Kuroshitsuji route, of having the sequel continue from the last canonical events, with the rest of the material after that point forsaken and never mentioned again.

mangamuscle wrote:
Banzai! Anime is saved again! hora, hora, where are those doomsayers that say the anime industry will implode any minute now Anime hyper

They are too busy raging over how shows like Cheer Danshi are the final Omens before the Great Anime Apocalypse Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3