• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Keijo!!!!!!!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowbringer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
So do we get to see the Gate of Boobylon, or whatever it is, next week?

spoiler[yes, the Next Hips Word at the end of the episode even hinted it; maybe the EP 10's preview video should tease it when it's posted on YouTube]
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10, GATE OF BOOTYLON!!!!!!!!

Wow, every week I'm surprised by how ridiculous this show is. I can't believe I'm seeing what I'm seeing. I don't find this show to be all that great, but it's absurd in a good, funny way.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
It has been one of the surprises of the season what this show can pull off. Turning boobs into a drill was something.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Keijo, the anime that managed to make an inherent fanservice like sport, and kind of making the audience take it seriously. Really ignoring some areas that it did not focus the budget because it was not that important, and from what I have heard about taking liberties of the total story of the manga to fit it into the anime, it is all pretty good. Okay there was one particularly noticeable animation problem in the episode where Nozomi’s bikini kept appearing and disappearing after she lost it after the final attack.

I give a rating of Good (7/10). Although no mistakes about how much it must hurt for these girls to be using their butts like a hammer as well as their breasts, like as a vice. But all of the silly attacks, their names, and some references (Buttack on Titan). It was a cool and funny sports anime, that kind of gave dignity to these characters when they were doing things that might otherwise humiliate them. It told a pretty complete story with the girls making it through their year of training, a fine place to finish, and also welcome for more if another season is made.

It is a pretty easy target to make fun of, but really the series is the first thing that makes fun of it, but it also invites fans to take it as seriously as they want, because when you get wrapped up in it there is plenty to take from it. Maybe I am pulling it out of the ether, but in this way it kind of reminds me of this one dating with pigeons called Hatoful Boyfriend, from the outset it is strange and perverse, but is noticeable for surpassing expectations, and taking you for a bit of a ride.
shadowbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll's Anime Awards 2016's poll is up!

https://www.theanimeawards.com/index.html

Voting period ends in January 10th; as some or many of you may know, although Keijo didn't get an Anime of the Year nomination, you can still vote for it, since all of the poll's questions have an "other" answer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2