• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Kinda surprised to see WIXOSS, Trickster, and Brave Witches here. I mean I'm watching them but I didn't know there were enough people that wanted coverage of them.

Of those, Trickster is the only one that surprises me. I would have been shocked if BW didn't get voted in, as the series it spins off from has always been popular and fairly well-regarded around here, and Lostorage had a 3.5 viewer rating, which is usually high enough to assure that the series will get enough votes to make the cut.

Among other titles which made it, the big surprise for me is ClassicaLoid; would have bet money against that one. Among titles which didn't make it, the mild surprise (and disappointment) was Matoi the Sacred Slayer.

As for Bloodivores, that one has the lowest reader rating that I can ever remember seeing in a Preview Guide (1.9 as I write this), so it's no surprise it didn't make the cut.

Yeah BW and WIXOSS are decent enough so I wasn't too surprised. Totally forgot to mention ClassicaLoid, but at least one of the reviewers thought relatively highly of it and the responses were more positive than negative in the preview guide forum so I don't find that too surprising, even with nearly the lowest rating of those picked for review. Given the first episode of Matoi, I'm not too surprised on that, as even I was not sure I would pick it up myself, though I liked the second episode better, and the incestuous groping doesn't appear to be a regular feature.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Kinda surprised to see WIXOSS, Trickster, and Brave Witches here. I mean I'm watching them but I didn't know there were enough people that wanted coverage of them.

Of those, Trickster is the only one that surprises me. I would have been shocked if BW didn't get voted in, as the series it spins off from has always been popular and fairly well-regarded around here, and Lostorage had a 3.5 viewer rating, which is usually high enough to assure that the series will get enough votes to make the cut.

Among other titles which made it, the big surprise for me is ClassicaLoid; would have bet money against that one. Among titles which didn't make it, the mild surprise (and disappointment) was Matoi the Sacred Slayer.

Yhea, Matoi the Sacred Slayer was the only of my chooses that don't make the cut Sad

On the other hand, Izetta: The Last Witch Keijo!!!!!!!! Brave Witches and Magical Girl Raising Project are there so is a very good season for me.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 am Reply with quote
Most of the Season felt predictable/familiar, so I'm not really surprised at the shows that were chosen for DSRs.

Key wrote:
As for Bloodivores, that one has the lowest reader rating that I can ever remember seeing in a Preview Guide (1.9 as I write this), so it's no surprise it didn't make the cut.

Seeing hitori no shita with an impressive 1.6 always brings a smile to my face at the show's sheep absurdity.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Raise your hand if you're not surprised that boob and butt show went to Theron Martin. Raises hand Mr. Green
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:51 am Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
Raise your hand if you're not surprised that boob and butt show went to Theron Martin. Raises hand Mr. Green

Um, I did volunteer for it. (It was actually my #2 priority, after Izetta.) I just think it's going to be a fun show to talk about, and shows that look like they can easily be talked about are usually more what I angle for than the "quality" shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jhechav

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 am Reply with quote
They're covering basically every show I'm watching except Matoi and Magic-Kyun Renaissance. I'm more saddened by the latter. I don't think I've seen too many anime based on otome games so I was hoping to see reviews to see how it stacked up. Plus, the animation is so pretty! Oh well.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:

Um, I did volunteer for it. (It was actually my #2 priority, after Izetta.) I just think it's going to be a fun show to talk about, and shows that look like they can easily be talked about are usually more what I angle for than the "quality" shows.

I was happy to Keijo!!!!!!!! get picked up I just hope it doesn't turn into a "civil war" in the comment section, as there is already an article on Kotaku excoriating it severely and I'd hate to see discussion of the series get sidelined. As a sports Anime, I think it actually works quite well
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
Didn't realize I was only watching 5 series this season until I saw the survey lol bright side is that it's easier to manage
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that Kiss Him, Not Me and ClassicaLoid were included. Fujoshi-oriented reverse harems aren't exactly popular on ANN. And ClassicaLoid looks like a children's show.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
Sweet another season where all the shows I consider important made it in. I was a bit worried for Girlish Number because of the delay but it looks like were good. Honestly that ended up being my favorite 1st ep so missing it would have hurt. As is the only miss that I find even mildly disappointing is Scorching Ping Pong Girls.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
Huh. Surprised Trickster, Brave Witches, The Great Passage, Occultic;Nine, and Poco's Udon World all got more votes than Touken Ranbu. I guess the fandom for that show really is completely concentrated in Japan.

At least we might get a good review from Gabriella that poignantly explains the seething hatred I have for Occultic;Nine.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Huh. Surprised Trickster, Brave Witches, The Great Passage, Occultic;Nine, and Poco's Udon World all got more votes than Touken Ranbu. I guess the fandom for that show really is completely concentrated in Japan.

At least we might get a good review from Gabriella that poignantly explains the seething hatred I have for Occultic;Nine.

I'm thinking O;9 was a hatewatch vote. Though if it turns out to be decent, it will be easier to find out now.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
The only show I'm excited about that isn't on here is Show By Rock, but hey - it's just zany fun every week, do I really need the reviews? lol.

I'm really surprised Occultic made it in, though. I'll probably be reading the reviews for amusement...and not watching it, because the fast talking drove me fakkin' BONKERS.

Also, Jacob is covering the show I was not expecting him to cover, haha. Looking forward to all the reviews, though!
Muffum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Mildly disappointed but not at all surprised that Scorching Ping Pong Girls didn't make it. In general, not much about this list surprises me; a lot of the shows I'm watching didn't get in, but those were mostly shows I didn't think would be suited to weekly reviews or continuations of series that didn't have a huge audience to start.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Every show I voted for made it. Slightly regret not voting for Bloodivores because I was curious as to rather it'd get any better...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4