• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Premiere Dates for Fall English Dubs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
I REALLY hope the main character's voice actress does humor well. I would totally pay to hear Monica Rial voice her too. The trailer of her voicing Hotaru from Aoharu x Kikanjuu is spot on Very Happy!

Yeah, I can see Monica Rial voicing her. Smile I hope she doesn't do the "fat voice" thing that the seiyuu did. People didn't seem to like the"fat voice"...

Last edited by Raebo101 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Quote:
Funimation will also offer a dub for Mob Psycho 100, but has not yet announced the premiere date.

The same thing happened with Dimension W, and it went on Toonami. Think the same thing will happen with Mob Psycho 100? It makes perfect sense, right after One Punch Man finished airing on there.

I'd be down for that. Though isn't Jojo replacing One Punch Man's timeslot now that it's over?

EDIT: Nevermind, someone else already answered that for me. Still though, it could replace another show that's ending sometime soon. I just hope it wouldn't air too late if it did. I haven't kept up with their schedule for a while so I have no idea what's on aside from OPM and the usuals.

Last edited by Jayhosh on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
The casts for some of these broadcast dubs tends to be very limited at times hopefully the ADR Directors show a lot more diversity in the casting department this time around we shall see if this comes into fruition in a few days.
Nyren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Joker Game was licensed AND is getting a dub? This is news to me. OH HELL YEAH!!
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
The casts for some of these broadcast dubs tends to be very limited at times hopefully the ADR Directors show a lot more diversity in the casting department this time around we shall see if this comes into fruition in a few days.

And last season had two shows which featured a least one primarily L.A. voice actor in a role (that was likely done in Todd Haberkorn home studio) Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Despair Arc and Tales of Zestiria the X. Then last year they got The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan a union broadcast dub.

There's got to be a chance one show could get a L.A. treatment
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
This might not be the correct forum, but has anyone else wondered if Crunchyroll owns both the streaming and physical rights of all the titles Funimation is dubbing and distributing in the CR-FUNi deal?

To me it is not too far fetched to believe that perhaps Funimation is letting Crunchyroll acquire as many licenses as possible. In return Crunchyroll has hired Funimation to do English dubs and distribute discs. I also assume that CR and FUNi are sharing profits from disc sales.

If this is indeed a fact, I think it is a smart operation, and I hope it works for everyone involved.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Shows whose dubs I'm excited for:

91 Days (Hoping it's on par with Baccano!) Very Happy
Yuri!!! on Ice and ALL OUT!! (Been wanting to give a sports anime a chance)
ReLIFE (Looks interesting)
Show By Rock!!# (First season was a big guilty pleasure of mine) Embarassed
and NANBAKA (that one just looks like fun)

This is going to be a fun season! Cool Laughing Smile Surprised Very Happy
Hazelll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the 91 days dub to rewatch it, if it's anything like baccano's then we're in for a ride lol.
Probs gonna wait for the home release though, any idea when that will be if ever?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Keijo!!!!!!!! and Izetta of the End my two favorite shows of the season are getting broadcast dubs what a time to be alive. Also in Izetta will the Germanians have German accents because that would be AWESOME. Very Happy
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
#862720 wrote:
Can't wait for the 91 days dub to rewatch it, if it's anything like baccano's then we're in for a ride lol.
Probs gonna wait for the home release though, any idea when that will be if ever?

Glad to see another Baccano! dub fan out there. And it show get a release, hell this last year a lot of releases had broadcast dubs.

Assassination Classroom Season 1, Kamisama Kiss Season 2, Absolute Duo, Yuri Kuma Arashi, Yona of the Dawn have already come out. And things like Death Parade and Show By Rock are on the way.
Vannil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This might not be the correct forum, but has anyone else wondered if Crunchyroll owns both the streaming and physical rights of all the titles Funimation is dubbing and distributing in the CR-FUNi deal?

To me it is not too far fetched to believe that perhaps Funimation is letting Crunchyroll acquire as many licenses as possible. In return Crunchyroll has hired Funimation to do English dubs and distribute discs. I also assume that CR and FUNi are sharing profits from disc sales.

If this is indeed a fact, I think it is a smart operation, and I hope it works for everyone involved.

It sounds like as you said and believe as Funimation is assisting with/ doing distribution and dubbing,, which is good for Crunchyroll as Funimation is still in a partnership with Universal and has the ability to widely distribute anime, digitally, online and brick and mortar retail. As for sales, I would believe they would share profits as the discs since they both have a stake in the series being released.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
For a moment I was worried when I didn't see Alderamin on the Sky on this list, because it's really the only one I'm interested in seeing dubbed (I usually prefer subs), but it seems that ANN just left it out, because it is indeed listed on Funi's blog post for a 10/29 premiere.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Really wish Crunchyroll licensed Re:Zero...

Anyway, this is going to be fun. I might hold off on Mob Psycho just because I just finished the One Punch Man dub. Instead, given my real-life time constraints, I might try Drifters for Funimation and 91 Days for Crunchyroll. Oh yeah, to those Baccano fans - yes, it better be Baccano level, especially with Aniplex stealing the rights away. Same for the Bungo Stray Dogs dub.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

It is currently unknown at the moment. This is speculation on my part:

Based off the regions, the animes I believe CR has acquired or will acquire is Izetta, Nanbaka and Keijo and Funi has (Drifters and Monster Hunters already confirmed) Yuri On Ice, Trickster, All Out and Show By Rock. The four shows for Funi is the same regions for Drifters and MH while the three for CR is worldwide. If you think I'm wrong feel free to correct but again this is speculation.

Gemnist wrote:
Really wish Crunchyroll licensed Re:Zero...

Considering how extremely popular and successful the show was I have no doubt CR will acquire the home video license for it and allow Funi to do their thing. It'd be foolish for them if they let that opportunity slip. Perhaps an announcement from both CR and Funi about more shared content from each of their catalogs will be made later.
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:

It is currently unknown at the moment. This is speculation on my part:

Based off the regions, the animes I believe CR has acquired or will acquire is Izetta, Nanbaka and Keijo and Funi has (Drifters and Monster Hunters already confirmed) Yuri On Ice, Trickster, All Out and Show By Rock. The four shows for Funi is the same regions for Drifters and MH while the three for CR is worldwide. If you think I'm wrong feel free to correct but again this is speculation.

Yuri on Ice was also worldwide minus Asia so I believe that was Crunchyroll's as well. Touken Ranbu has the Funimation territories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3