• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, November 21-27

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I really thought Mob Psycho 100 would do better. Jojo: DiU aswell.
synaia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
DxD is a wish fulfillment power fantasy where one guy has several beautiful girls at his beck and call. If Keijo had one guy (be it a coach, a masseur, the Keijo school head instructor's son, whatever) with all these beautiful women surrounding him then it would have sold much, much better than it did.

Like I said earlier to you, Keijo!!!!!!!! does have the males, the anime simply cut them out.

Good thing bd/dvd's aren't the only thing that makes a series successful these days.
joac101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
How come something like Hentai x Hentai still manages to sell at least 2k per volume but Keijo did crap?

{Edit}: I removed your overly rude and unessecary insults towards fans. They're not needed when making a point. ~ Psycho 101}
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Why does Western fandom pretend that Keijo isn't a horrible and embarrassing show. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm glad the sales are reflecting that, for once.

I'm surprised by how big the Sunshine drop is...
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
Why does Western fandom pretend that Keijo isn't a horrible and embarrassing show. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm glad the sales are reflecting that, for once.

I'm surprised by how big the Sunshine drop is...

There are some reasons why Keijo is flopping in DVD/BD sales. Some already spoke before by other people.

1º Is a sports anime but one that is not appealing to woman otaku fan base and male otaku are not that much into sports anime.
2º Fanservice is pretty tame so is not consider a fanservice show to many male otaku.
3º No male MC so is not very appealing to many male otaku.
4º The MC's are not magical girls, school girls, music idols, battle maidens, mecha drivers, witches or are not lost in another world so are not appealing to many male otaku.
5º Male and female otaku are the ones buying the BD/DVD's so because of 1,2,3,4 the sales are down.

So, no is not a horrible show and not embarrassing in any way, is just that Keijo failed to attract the attention of the main buyers of BD/DVDs

But lets keep some hope that is only a slow start in sales and the real important manga sales go up.

Not really surprised about the sales of Sunshine, now that the events ended this is pretty much the expected sales. Still it sold more that the next 4 places combined.
extremist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: I removed your completely rude and foul mouthed rant. There is no need for such a rude rant or insulting comments towards another user here. Consider this a warning to not do it again. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Why is that pretty much every ecchi show that rolls with its stupid premise and tries to have fun flops

Can you name examples? Off the top of my head there's Prison School and that did well enough these days - plus got a source boost.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Ok the fact I had to edit 2 rude posts in a simple BR rankings thread is pretty sad. Let's not make me have to edit a 3rd one. Thank you.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Ok the fact I had to edit 2 rude posts in a simple BR rankings thread is pretty sad. Let's not make me have to edit a 3rd one. Thank you.

It's cool to see you guys are on top of this type of stuff keep up the good work!!!
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

It's cool to see you guys are on top of this type of stuff keep up the good work!!!

I don't want to try and take credit, but I did report that one guys post above and within a half an hour it was removed. The report button is there for a reason. Use the report button with digression, of course. It's not an "I super disagree" button. But if you a post that obviously break the rules, don't afraid to report it. It's the a little red exclamation on the top right of every post. It appears you're new here, so I figured I should let you about that report feature, in case you didn't know.
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Random Name wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

I don't want to try and take credit, but I did report that one guys post above and within a half an hour it was removed. The report button is there for a reason. Use the report button with digression, of course. It's not an "I super disagree" button. But if you a post that obviously break the rules, don't afraid to report it. It's the a little red exclamation on the top right of every post. It appears you're new here, so I figured I should let you about that report feature, in case you didn't know.

I am new here and I did not know about that so thank you for the tip. =D
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
Why does Western fandom pretend that Keijo isn't a horrible and embarrassing show.

Maybe because it isn't?
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:

Maybe because it isn't?

It's no better than other ecchi shows that routinely get made fun of and mocked and derided by Western fandom, but for some reason this one gets editorials about it being a 'good sports anime' and 'doing fanservice right' and it's all a bit silly.
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:43 am Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:

Maybe because it isn't?

It's no better than other ecchi shows that routinely get made fun of and mocked and derided by Western fandom, but for some reason this one gets editorials about it being a 'good sports anime' and 'doing fanservice right' and it's all a bit silly.

Sure its not the best show out there but its still a lot of fun to watch and kind of sad that it did so poorly in sales. Hopefully its fortunes will turn by the next release!
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:19 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
DxD is a wish fulfillment power fantasy where one guy has several beautiful girls at his beck and call. If Keijo had one guy (be it a coach, a masseur, the Keijo school head instructor's son, whatever) with all these beautiful women surrounding him then it would have sold much, much better than it did.

...or maybe because DxD is actually interesting with actual characters and plot while Keijo is pure fluff. Keijo isn't really memorable. I dunno where this phobia on ANN about plot mixing with fanservice comes from but most people prefer substance with their boobs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3