• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Seven Months With Nintendo Switch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
LMFAO at Aksys. You just know they didn’t give a shit about the Ys localization, and were content to just ignore the fan outrage. But what do you know? They fucked it up so bad the story made it all the way to the Japanese press. I’d give good money to see the email/phone call Falcom dropped on Aksys.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
NISA, not Aksys. Aksys had nothing to do with Ys VIII. As somebody who's a long-time fan of Falcom and also a long-time hater of NISA's localizations, I have to admit there's a good bit of schadenfreude in seeing them get raked over the coals like this, although I wish it could have happened with any other game so that Ys VIII could've gotten a good translation.

As for the other subject at hand, I want to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when it comes out but am still trying to find other reasons to own a Switch. I can play BotW on my Wii U, I'm not interested in competitive multiplayer games, and I'm drowning in indie games on my PC and my Vita, so that doesn't leave much else. It'd also be easier to convince me if Nintendo had ever adopted a reasonable network infrastructure; the lack of cloud saves or otherwise transferrable save data is almost a deal breaker all by itself.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
" (lampooning radio and television pundits who lash out at things, pointing out that they themselves aren't actually helping anyone and are actually incredibly irresponsible),

That would be interesting given the show's willingness to lampoon politics in the way it does is just as problematic with regards to potentially alienating younger voters from the prospect of voting.

Hoppy800 wrote:
a 2D Mario game,

Careful what you wish for otherwise you might wind up getting another unnecessary follow up of New Super Mario Bros.

Hoppy800 wrote:
and Mario Maker Switch.

Seems kind of redundant with them already porting it to the 3DS..........and of course the fact it would be another Switch port of a Wii U title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2