• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Anime's English-Subtitled 2nd Promo Video Reveals Crunchyroll St

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I hope they give a good reason as to why she has these new powers... If the final season of the anime made one thing clear, is that she has developed into a full-fledged magic user and has made Clow's power her own with the power of the stars. I was hoping that we could see her further master and develop her powers and not suddenly get new ones...
kh_gal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation you have made me the happiest woman alive. HALLELUJAH!

One can only hope they are in talks to get Season 1 from NIS after it expires. (I noticed all their sets are on sale this year for the rightstuf Christmas sale, so maybe they're trying to get rid of their stock since it's potentially going to Funimation? Fingers crossed) Pretty much all the shows they've had like in the case with FREE Funimation was able to release both seasons sooner or later. Because as cool as it is they're dubbing this new arc, I'm more interested at the prospect of getting the classic. The original was flawless and deserves a proper redub like Sailor Moon with a completely new in-house cast. I personally still don't know how I feel about the clear card sequel when the original wrapped everything up pretty well, especially if their tying it to Tsubasa.

Now FUNimation you have one chance please don't blow it. Please don't get Monica Rial as Sakura. Please. As much as I love Monica she does not suit this role. I want to see Sarah Wiedenheft instead (or new talent). She kicked butt as Tohru in Miss Kobayashi's dragon maid.

So who does everyone think will get cast in this? I hope FUNimation uses younger talent to make the character's ages sound more natural.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:21 am Reply with quote
Yay! So happy for a dub! If they are able to get the original series and dub that one, its like triple cherries on top for me. Very Happy

If the series is based on the manga stuff, that means no Meiling? Jarring, but okay with that.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote
Having not really seen the 1st series, beyond channel surfing when "Card Captors" was on KidsWB and seeing brief dubbed moments on streaming sites, I will still watch this new series. I think I might catch up check out the 1st manga series though.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Having not really seen the 1st series, beyond channel surfing when "Card Captors" was on KidsWB and seeing brief dubbed moments on streaming sites, I will still watch this new series. I think I might catch up check out the 1st manga series though.

Considering that Eriol and his crew are in it, you're gonna want the whole manga to be caught up. Not sure on if the 2nd movie is going to come into play (2nd movie is anime-canon only, and as this is officially an adaptation of the Clear Card manga, it's unsure if they're continuing anime continuity or going strictly by the manga).
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news. Hope they pick up the original series and do a re release eventually. For some reason NIS America's XIAOLING subtitle for Li's name irritates the hell out of me.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 am Reply with quote
Hyped to hear dub news already. The Second Movie dub was nice but seeing a Cardcaptor Sakura series getting a faithful English dub will be even sweeter. Really hope they look into getting the original series rights for a re-dub as well.

I better hurry up and finish the anime and read the manga so I'll be ready for the season premiere in January. Razz
Funimation
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I might have done a backflip in the office when I found out we got it!

Wind, Rain, Shadow, Wood, Sword, Thunder, Power, Sleep,
Cardcaptors of the Clow,
Expect the unexpected now!
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
*murders FUNi rep*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2