• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 29-Feb 4 [2018-02-08]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormanS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Crext wrote:
Why isn't "The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!" on the list? It's on Crunchyroll, and seem pretty mainstream...

Its not being reviewed by a writer on the website.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Crext wrote:
Why isn't "The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!" on the list? It's on Crunchyroll, and seem pretty mainstream...

Also, about Gintama. Isn't it only watched by hardcore fans at this rate, so of course I'd score high with a biased sample? That isn't a show you can just jump into, unlike perhaps shows like One Piece?

How do people get picked for this poll anyways?

Only shows that received enough votes at the beginning of the season to qualify for weekly streaming reviews are eligible for the rankings. Go to any episode review, and at the top of the page there will be a bunch of greyed out stars. Click on the number of stars you think that episode deserves, and ANN will register your choice.
Crext

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:23 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Crext wrote:

Also, about Gintama. Isn't it only watched by hardcore fans at this rate, so of course I'd score high with a biased sample? That isn't a show you can just jump into, unlike perhaps shows like One Piece?

How do people get picked for this poll anyways?

Only shows that received enough votes at the beginning of the season to qualify for weekly streaming reviews are eligible for the rankings. Go to any episode review, and at the top of the page there will be a bunch of greyed out stars. Click on the number of stars you think that episode deserves, and ANN will register your choice.

Thanks!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Why do people abbreviate Violet Evergarden as VEG instead of VE? It's not Violet Ever Garden. It wouldn't bother me except that I keep reading it as in vegetable. Smile

Because abbreviations are not acronyms. They're not defined simply by the initial letter of a group of words.
Crext

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I've been power watching some of these as they are at the top, but it's hard to keep at it when they're just not appealing to me. Gintama especially is a pain to get into. I feel like it's like jumping into Episode 127 of Naruto or something, and I liked it back in the time. I mean, of course, the people that watch it now are fans of the series cause everyone else dropped it ages ago. It's not as easy to jump into as Family Guy or something like that.

However, "A Place Further Than The Universe" was a surprising hit with me, it's legit good, and from the art style and setup, then I didn't expect to like it at all. Darling in the Franxx grew on me too, but now I guess I'll try After the Rain and Garo next.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2