• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Live-Action Film's Teaser Shows Ichigo's 1st Hollow Battle

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
MasterKingJC wrote:

People still believe this? Kubo has gone on the record stating that he ended Bleach the way he wanted to. That was his "vision".
Don't blame Jump. Don't blame the editors. Blame Kubo if you're dissatisfied with the conclusion.

Bleach fans seem to live in an eternal contradiction because they'll defend Kubo with teeth and claw and claim everything that went wrong with the series was Jump's fault, but then immediately claim the series was not rushed or canceled and that Kubo ended it the way he wanted

is more of a combination of both tbh
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
xchampion wrote:
This looks about as good as a live-action bleach movie could look. I hope it's Rurouni Kenshin live-action good. I'd accept Tokyo Ghoul or Blade of the Immortal quality good. I just hope it not Attack On Titan bad.
Rurouni Kenshin is a much easier series to adapt in live action do to the fact that their's no super natural monsters and power ups, Bleach on the other hand is going to need an assload of CG and that could look pretty bad, but as long as they don't throw in a love triangle with some movie exclusive character that no one cares about it should be better than the Attack on titan movies

Last edited by theNightster on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
danpmss wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:
This looks about as good as a live-action bleach movie could look. I hope it's Rurouni Kenshin live-action good. I'd accept Tokyo Ghoul or Blade of the Immortal quality good. I just hope it not Attack On Titan bad.

Or from what I'm hearing recently, "Fullmetal Alchemist" bad.

Hopefully, if this does well, fans will finally have the final arc adapted, provided that Pierrot doesn't throw in two years worth of filler.
I may be in the minority but I don’t mind if Bleach’s final arc never gets animated due to how God awful it ended up being. Not even animation can fix that train wreck.

Kubo's original storyboard for that arc without Jump's interception could actually save it (given that most of the pacing issues since the Arrancar arc was from their part, according to Kubo himself in a tankobon; that arc for example should have been less than the half of what it was in lenght). Shit was cut short during a glacial paced portion, and had one garbage obviously rushed ending.

Bleach deserves better, like, at least a anime following the author's vision. Kubo is big in the manga industry, he should have at least that much after what happened (last volume was so badly received it took quite a bit to reach the usual 500.000+ copies).

People still believe this? Kubo has gone on the record stating that he ended Bleach the way he wanted to. That was his "vision".
Don't blame Jump. Don't blame the editors. Blame Kubo if you're dissatisfied with the conclusion.
it was the last chapter that Kubo was referring too, however the final fight was a rush job because the series was getting canned
koinosuke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Feli1 wrote:
wow this looks pretty bad lol it feels more like a fan project more than anything

So it pretty much looks like every other Japanese live-action adaptation?
luis.couto.56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
koinosuke wrote:
Feli1 wrote:
wow this looks pretty bad lol it feels more like a fan project more than anything

No, looks even better
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
koinosuke wrote:
Feli1 wrote:

To be fair, I feel there are now two types of Japanese live actions. The "oh waw it's bad" type, and the "this is silly but it's okay.." type lol. This Bleach LA looks like the latter.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Looks like every other anime film from Japan, nice costumes but bad effects and a truncated plot.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:

Hopefully, if this does well, fans will finally have the final arc adapted, provided that Pierrot doesn't throw in two years worth of filler.
I may be in the minority but I don’t mind if Bleach’s final arc never gets animated due to how God awful it ended up being. Not even animation can fix that train wreck.

Actually yes you are in the minority and yes the ending climax can be fixed because what was bad was the climax which was rushed due to kubos heath issues, so with a proper pacing and knowing what kubo planned to do before the last 15 chapters it can be fixed.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:

Kubo's original storyboard for that arc without Jump's interception could actually save it (given that most of the pacing issues since the Arrancar arc was from their part, according to Kubo himself in a tankobon; that arc for example should have been less than the half of what it was in lenght). Shit was cut short during a glacial paced portion, and had one garbage obviously rushed ending.

Bleach deserves better, like, at least a anime following the author's vision. Kubo is big in the manga industry, he should have at least that much after what happened (last volume was so badly received it took quite a bit to reach the usual 500.000+ copies).

Wow wow as far as we know the last volume was recieved with mixed reviews due to the bad climax not the conclusion and actually it sold pretty well for being last volume it did surpassed the half million
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
For crowlia wrong again, kubo did made some mistakes with the series, but the editorial also did changed his vision a lot troughout the series, for instance kubos most bigger mistake is the lost agent arc, and how some characters were so missued and not properly developed like they deserved orihime and chad, but aside from that well go to any fan of other series and see if they dont defend the author the same way because its fine. And still is your problem if you dont believe reality because kubo had to end bleach sooner and was not cancelled, when kubo claims he finished bleach the way he always wanted to he refers to the epilogue the last two chapters which it was needed more to be a good conclusion but it was decent. Thw final battle the climax obviously it was cut short and ended abruptly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2