• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō GNs 1-2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:08 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering if Saintia Sho could be considered the successor to Sailor Moon if it does well (kinda like how Precure is in Japan)...or it could be considered a shameless rip-off by rabid fans the same way Wedding Peach was (from one who has loosely seen footage it's nowhere near as close). As much as I love Sailor Moon, I feel there are things the Saint Seiya franchise does better and I have a bit of a hope the former could happen.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
It's be kind of weird if anyone was to call Saintia Sho a "Sailor Moon rip-off", especially since Sailor Moon was partly inspired by Saint Seiya; it'd be like when people tried arguing that Saint Seiya was a "Ronin Warriors rip-off" back when DiC's Knights of the Zodiac first started airing here. Seven Seas does slightly advertise Sho as being appealing to SM fans, though, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
@Lord Geo

Yeah, I heard about that Ronin Warriors thing, I'd sadly blame it on bad timing.

That's good, hopefully Sho will gain just as much popularity here (I wonder if it'll lead to fan debates kinda like all these Naruto vs. DBZ vs. Bleach debates or something)...
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
I wonder if it'll lead to fan debates kinda like all these Naruto vs. DBZ vs. Bleach debates or something

The debate I am expecting are of the A Certain Scientific Railgun kind, remember how that series is more popular (if we are to believe disc sales in japan) that the original (A Certain Magical Index) and I see that repeating since Saintia will attract old fans and make new ones, leading to a higher level of popularity than Saint Seiya has atm.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
I think TOEI will do a good anime adaption for this because it has become pretty obvious they do good anime when they are excited about the project and/or the project has potential for being updated/improved and IMO this manga has both.

Here's hoping. Picked up these volumes since I liked the idea of this series, but I'm still more of an anime watcher so I'm looking forward to the show so hopefully they do a good job on the adaption and animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2