• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Rocket Girls Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Eyeing Girls Last Tour and Land of the Lustrous for the January release slate, though looks like both could get fairly pricey from what I seen of them (most notably Lustrous' steelbook-only release).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Will they release Hataraki Man for streaming on HiDive? (Related question: when will HiDive get a Roku app?)
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
I never realize Rocket Girls was not license up until now. I have only seen one episode so far and I have been meaning to get the anime. Well I am glad it got re-license again. This time I should get it. I wonder if the pilot episode would be included in the DVD/Blue-ray.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Doc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
I have Rocket Girls on DVD but it was good enough I am willing to double dip for the blu-ray release.
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Doc wrote:
I have Rocket Girls on DVD but it was good enough I am willing to double dip for the blu-ray release.

It will still be the same quality so I wouldn't bother. Now that Sentai have now done away with dvds, they're putting non-hd shows on blu rays. If a BD release has SD (standard definition) attached to it, stores a large number of episodes per disk & is relatively cheap by normal prices, then it'll be a dvd transfer. This has been happening for several years now (eg. Samurai Pizzacats), & will likely become more common in the future as more companies do away with the format.
professorwho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
fathomlessblue wrote:
it'll be a dvd transfer.

Wrong. It's MPEG-4 AVC not outdated MPEG-2, with a higher maximum bitrate, and as a result of now using AVC, more detail is possible than DVD due to a codec change.

This slide by Discotek probably does the best explanation:
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Rocket Girls was very interesting. The premise is so wonderfully ridiculous that you can't help but love it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2