• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rifle is Beautiful Manga Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Let's not go there with the gun ownership debate.
milkyy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
This is like K-ON! with guns instead of instruments Laughing if there's one way for me to learn about things/pay attention to details, you gotta throw cute girls in there. maybe i'll finally be able to tell my rifles apart? lol

-A Texan Wink
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
milkyy wrote:
This is like K-ON! with guns instead of instruments Laughing if there's one way for me to learn about things/pay attention to details, you gotta throw cute girls in there. maybe i'll finally be able to tell my rifles apart? lol

-A Texan Wink

That is a nice comparison. Alhought judging from the art's striking resemblance with another CGDCT series, this would be New Game with guns.

Random Name wrote:
Im hoping this is all female cast. It would be great to have another stella and Sabagebu.

Let us hope so. I am hoping this will be Upotte without that disgusting male teacher,

TarsTarkas wrote:
Girls with guns, one of my favorite tropes, though girls with swords is good too.

We had a Girls with Swords anime for the first half of this year and it has a mobage at the moment.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:46 am Reply with quote
From a glance, this looks like it's more about the kind of thing you see in the Olympics, rather than something like airsoft in Sabagebu, let alone actual guns. I'm much less interested in the former, but I'll check it out.
durask

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
Oh, hey, Americans! They are finally making a high school show for you guys!

Those look like airguns to me, in particular I think they are holding Crosman Marauder

https://www.crosman.com/airguns/benjamin-airguns/marauder-rifle-wood-stock

There is no way they will be shooting any kind of real rifle, in Japan you need to own shotgun for 10 years or so to be allowed to buy a rifle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2