• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Game Launches in West in Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hack5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I need it on the PC,how will I get my cross over stuff
meruru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
hack5 wrote:

Eh, their crossover stuff isn't all that amazing, though I also would rather play on PC.
redcar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, the worst finally came to pass. Rest in peace, Trails.

Shenl742 wrote:
I'm seeing in mentions on twitter that they'll be "bringing in talent with previous experience with the series" for the localization process. That possible means they're bringing in former staff from XSEED for help on this, which is at least encouraging

I wish it was more encouraging, I really do. But if the laughable timelines they gave for fixing the Ys 8 problems are any indication, NISA's problems are firmly rooted in the managerial realm.
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:33 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
great news to hear, now how about the Crossbell games?

I 2nd this.
If NISA snatched the final two Cold Steel games away from XSeed, that opens the door for Xseed to release those games.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, my questions on the YS VIII translation and my concerns that could carry over to CS 3 would be:
1) How much time are they giving for the translation (or how long have they been working on said translation before the announcement) and how many people are they using to translate? If CS 3 is anything like 1 and 2, there is going to be a TON of translation work that needs to be done. And are they having just a few people work on it together, or is it all hands on deck?
2) Who would be proof-reading? Does the re-translator for YS VIII even still work at NISA anymore, or did they leave? If the person left and NISA messes up again, who would be stuck doing the re-translation?
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:14 pm Reply with quote
zawa113 wrote:
Well, my questions on the YS VIII translation and my concerns that could carry over to CS 3 would be:
1) How much time are they giving for the translation (or how long have they been working on said translation before the announcement) and how many people are they using to translate? If CS 3 is anything like 1 and 2, there is going to be a TON of translation work that needs to be done. And are they having just a few people work on it together, or is it all hands on deck?
2) Who would be proof-reading? Does the re-translator for YS VIII even still work at NISA anymore, or did they leave? If the person left and NISA messes up again, who would be stuck doing the re-translation?

Signs are highly suggesting that NISA is hiring the former XSEED employees who spearheaded localization of all the previous Trails game to handle Cold Steel.
hack5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 pm Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
hack5 wrote:

Eh, their crossover stuff isn't all that amazing, though I also would rather play on PC.

I guess its not that great but its like a reward for my hard work I am not like other players who use others save data no matter how small it is I know I earn it lol if that makes any sense.The thing that bothers me is PC is better when the game first came out to the west I played it on vita,second part also but replayed it on PC so now I have to go to PS4 I have been waiting for this game for so long Ahh!what should I do should I wait for PC port or just switch to another platform again so annoying.........................
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:42 am Reply with quote
Ahh, man. I've really come to trust Xseed, not at all happy that NISA picked this up.

Well, at least it's still coming. I finished the Trails in the Sky games a while back and have got another game-a-and-a-half to go before I'm done with Cold Steel 1 + 2...
Vanadise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:09 am Reply with quote
Well, I've got some news from PAX South that will lighten the spirits of anybody who was dismayed by NISA getting it: the people who worked on Ys VIII are not working on this, and furthermore, they've actually hired on three of XSEED's former employees who had worked on Trails. More details: https://twitter.com/EndlessHistory
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am Reply with quote
Would be nice to know what the denominator is in 3/CS3_STAFF.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2