• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Radiant TV Anime Gets 2nd Series in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:10 am Reply with quote
I tried to get into Radiant because I liked the idea of it being based on a French comic and it had a few interesting ideas but came across as a more cliched version of Fairy Tail to me so I ended up dropping it. I'm surprised it's getting a continuation because it didn't seem like anyone was watching it.
Toonces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Great news. I've been liking this more as it goes on, and I'm glad it'll get more time to tell its story. Hopefully less filler next season (I haven't read the manga, but even I can tell there was filler in the first half).
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I tried to get into Radiant because I liked the idea of it being based on a French comic and it had a few interesting ideas but came across as a more cliched version of Fairy Tail to me so I ended up dropping it. I'm surprised it's getting a continuation because it didn't seem like anyone was watching it.

It takes a long time to get going. I wasn't very impressed with a lot of the earlier episodes, but I was bored so I kept watching... then the Rumble Town arc occurred. That's definitely an arc worth watching.

I also found out that many of those earlier episodes were pure filler. Why someone would decide to go to filler so early is beyond me -- Black Clover did the same thing, IIRC. Also Seth, the MC, does appear to change and grow after Rumble Town. If the show can keep on the trajectory it established during the last third of its run, I think it has a chance of becoming a pretty good series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2