• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spider Riders Premieres January 20 on Kids' WB

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
But I thought Kids WB was gonna drop all Anime for good to Concentrate more on American Cartoons, did they change they're minds or something?
WB's ratings probably dropped. Last I checked, Pokemon and Yugioh were the most popular shows they had before they chose to get rid of anime.

I've only seen a few episodes of Spider Riders out of boredom when it was on Kids' WB,, but it didn't seem like it would get good ratings. Is it popular in Canada? Because I thought Kids' WB would've picked up Pokemon first, if they were going to bring back anime.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quote
Ryvius213 wrote:
ChronoBall X wrote:
But I thought Kids WB was gonna drop all Anime for good to Concentrate more on American Cartoons, did they change they're minds or something?
WB's ratings probably dropped. Last I checked, Pokemon and Yugioh were the most popular shows they had before they chose to get rid of anime.

I've only seen a few episodes of Spider Riders out of boredom when it was on Kids' WB,, but it didn't seem like it would get good ratings. Is it popular in Canada? Because I thought Kids' WB would've picked up Pokemon first, if they were going to bring back anime.

Could be True, it's good to see that Spider Riders is making a Return, but too bad it's a darn shame that they pulled the Plug on Megaman Nt Warrior and Viewtiful Joe before they can get the remaining seasons.

as for Spider Riders, I've seen a few episodes and thought it was ok,but I expected more from Bee Train, the Japanese Studio who Brought us Madlax and .Hack//Sign.

Oh and to Answer your Question about Pokemon, it's probully because Pokemon is doing so well on Cartoon Network with it's current season Battle Frontier, and since 4Kids no longer have the license, I guess that means Kids WB can no longer show any interest.

and since Yugioh is now Part of 4Kids Tv (AKA: Formely the Fox Box), I highly doubt it'll ever return to Kids WB.
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
You must be talking about "Let's Ride" by the same rap dudes behind that God-awful One Piece theme...
I only have an instrumental of that (From CW's music dept. - adverts lot). Besides, if i wanna use the instrumental for any reason at all, it would be for making mash-ups (dj mixes...) for example, let's use "Let's Ride" instrumental with Linkin Park's "Faint" vocalizing the mash-up, now that would be good!
also, ANN did correct the article by adding this statement: teletoon did aired it around April 2006, and on kids WB on May/June...
Haven't you've checked out the newly revamped website of the anime?
( BTW: Bee Train did also do work for .hack//Roots And .hack//LOTB )

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2