• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2021

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomdean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:11 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So "My Next Life as a Villainess" gets season 2 while ''Wave, Listen to Me'' isn't? SAD.

Is it confirmed that it won't get one, or just that it hasn't been announced?
PonSquared

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:37 am Reply with quote
Yessss! My wife and kids will be thrilled! This and bookworm we're our two favorite shows this season!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:23 am Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:

Hehe, that sounds more like this

There is at least one where the reincarnated mc falls in love with the villainess; I am currently reading one, but the mc is a random male mob so it does not count. Anotehr fun one has the mc reincarnating as the villainess but he was a 52 yard old dude, father of the typical female otaku character (like catarin)that shoudl ahve reincarnated; from waht I ahve read, instead of avoiding his doom flags, he is actualyl trying to act as the villainess , sacrificing himself so the mc can get a happy ending.

Regarding the second season of bakarina, I think this is too much to ask but I would like it better if the second season is the timeline when she recovers her memories whe she is alreayd in the magical academy and has already bullied the mc, the new cast of characters is more interesting.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
nDroae wrote:

Hehe, that sounds more like this

There is at least one where the reincarnated mc falls in love with the villainess; I am currently reading one, but the mc is a random male mob so it does not count. Anotehr fun one has the mc reincarnating as the villainess but he was a 52 yard old dude, father of the typical female otaku character (like catarin)that shoudl ahve reincarnated; from waht I ahve read, instead of avoiding his doom flags, he is actualyl trying to act as the villainess , sacrificing himself so the mc can get a happy ending.

Regarding the second season of bakarina, I think this is too much to ask but I would like it better if the second season is the timeline when she recovers her memories whe she is alreayd in the magical academy and has already bullied the mc, the new cast of characters is more interesting.

Well, actually a plot like “MC falls in love with a villain” is also as popular as isekai in an otome game. And I'm not even talking about that huge amount of isekai / fantasy where a hero of any gender falls in love with the King / Queen of demons. Until recently, mainly male fantasy iseka can get adaptation, so many tropes were simply unknown to a wide western audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2