• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Araki wrote:
Considering the last two seasons of NnT were probably the worst shonen adaptation ever, not really holding my breath for this, but who knows.

I haven't actually watched this series but was thinking of giving it a look. So I guess I should stick to the manga, then?

(As for bad shonen adaptations, could it possibly be worse than Promised Neverland 2?)

I recommend sticking to the manga. At the same time, you could also listen to the OPs & EDs while reading it.

And no, I can't think of anything worse than TPN S2 at the top of my head... I mean We Never Learn S2 was pretty bad too but that's mostly thanks to the last few episodes. TPN S2 went bad after episode 2 Crying or Very sad
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Araki wrote:
Considering the last two seasons of NnT were probably the worst shonen adaptation ever, not really holding my breath for this, but who knows.

I haven't actually watched this series but was thinking of giving it a look. So I guess I should stick to the manga, then?

(As for bad shonen adaptations, could it possibly be worse than Promised Neverland 2?)

I recommend sticking to the manga. At the same time, you could also listen to the OPs & EDs while reading it.

And no, I can't think of anything worse than TPN S2 at the top of my head... I mean We Never Learn S2 was pretty bad too but that's mostly thanks to the last few episodes. TPN S2 went bad after episode 2 Crying or Very sad

While I don't disagree, I do want to point out that the blu-ray releases fixed SOME of the poor quality animation... including the infamous meme.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:27 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:

And no, I can't think of anything worse than TPN S2 at the top of my head... I mean

TPN2 was bad. Very bad. But at least it was still watchable. Enter Hakyu Hoshin Engi that not only had a lackluster animation, but also had a pacing so atrocious, that it made the entire series just a confusing unwatchable mess.
Matros

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:29 am Reply with quote
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
Sekaro wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Araki wrote:

While I don't disagree, I do want to point out that the blu-ray releases fixed SOME of the poor quality animation... including the infamous meme.

"Fixed" is a generous way to put it. While some drawings were corrected, the animation itself is still pretty jank.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Am i the only one that think people are really exaggerating the hate for Seven Deadly Sins seasons 3 and 4?
I think they look good most of the time.
It feels like the only reason why people hate on them so much is because of the Meliodas vs Escanor fight because thats almost the only thing people ever mention when they say that the animation is so terrible.
I agree that that fight was not done that great but i honestly think most of seasons 3 and 4 looks good.
They do not look that super different from season 2 to me.
Im very happy that the sequel series is getting an anime so we can continue seeing this world and these characters animated.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:53 pm Reply with quote
^ I dropped the anime on the third season, but also I gave the second season a pretty low score - so that one wasn't all that well animated either. I do remember it not being nearly as bad as people memed it out to be while watching, but my issues were with the story too (I ended up finishing the manga but disliking quite a bit of it, so watching the same story I didn't like with subpar production was just not interesting to me)

I haven't really heard anything about the sequel manga though, other than "it exists". I'm not particularly interested right now, but maybe a good anime adaptation could change that
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:43 pm Reply with quote
James02 wrote:
Araki wrote:

I believe The Promised Neverland Season 2 and Berserk (2016) are worse.

Promised Neverland's second season wasn't really that bad and there's much worse than it
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 pm Reply with quote
James02 wrote:
Araki wrote:

I believe The Promised Neverland Season 2 and Berserk (2016) are worse.

Promised Neverland's second season wasn't really that bad to be fair also berserk is an senein title.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:46 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

And no, I can't think of anything worse than TPN S2 at the top of my head... I mean

TPN2 was bad. Very bad. But at least it was still watchable. Enter Hakyu Hoshin Engi that not only had a lackluster animation, but also had a pacing so atrocious, that it made the entire series just a confusing unwatchable mess.

Enter Hakyu Hoshin Eng had decent animation but heard the adaptation was rushec
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
Sekaro wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Araki wrote:

"Fixed" is a generous way to put it. While some drawings were corrected, the animation itself is still pretty jank.

The staff still did what they can could do since in the end the schedule was tight so blame shueshia for it.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:50 pm Reply with quote
CyberLance wrote:
Am i the only one that think people are really exaggerating the hate for Seven Deadly Sins seasons 3 and 4?
I think they look good most of the time.
It feels like the only reason why people hate on them so much is because of the Meliodas vs Escanor fight because thats almost the only thing people ever mention when they say that the animation is so terrible.
I agree that that fight was not done that great but i honestly think most of seasons 3 and 4 looks good.
They do not look that super different from season 2 to me.
Im very happy that the sequel series is getting an anime so we can continue seeing this world and these characters animated.

Indeed I agree too also DEEN outsourced S3 and S4 to marvy Jack a very small studio since they had to produce the second movie along with thier other anime.
bastek66

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:17 am Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:
This feels like such a weird announcement when the last season of Seven Deadly Sins was so obviously rushed to the point that it's become the meme for bad animation.

It was season before last one that had infamously bad animation. Last season had serviceable animation and nothing stellar.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

Imho, while TPN2 wins the poop crown for bad adaptation, 7DS wins on overall terribleness because the quality of the source material just spirals down the gutter incredibly fast once the titular 7 deadly sins are reunited. Also, the 7DS adaptation gets extra points of awfulness because of the negative amount of effort put into the animation and art department. We're not talking about goofy looking in-between shots but actual still frames that are iconically atrocious looking in every conceivable way

https://static1.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Sin-Deadly-Sins-Season-3-Header.jpg
https://digistatement.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/cFs0FR6-e1579554550399.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EM0tPkyXYAMLqAI.jpg

I have no idea if Netflix didn't give DEEN enough time or the studio wasn't able to allocate enough staff to the production, but the end result is that the already poor material becomes even harder to watch on such awful presentation
Hal14

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I feel like bringing up the source material is a case of ''stones and glasshouses'' because TPN source material wasn't exactly universally beloved near the end. I've seen many agree that TPN peaked in both the first arc and first season.

Anyway, arguing which had a worse end between these two is pointless ... because the answer is Shokugeki no soma Laughing
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Hal14 wrote:
I feel like bringing up the source material is a case of ''stones and glasshouses'' because TPN source material wasn't exactly universally beloved near the end. I've seen many agree that TPN peaked in both the first arc and first season.

Anyway, arguing which had a worse end between these two is pointless ... because the answer is Shokugeki no soma Laughing

So basically this argument can be equated to Rick James being incredulous over the notion he would grind his dirty boots into Eddie Murphy’s couch insisting he’d have sense to not do something uncouth and beneath him…..and then admitting grinding his feet on Eddie’s couch Razz

Oh hell I might as well do the obligatory mention of Fullmetal Alchemist Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3