• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Luminous Witches Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brainrotter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
Well that's certainly unexpected. I was absolutely expecting Crunchyroll/Funimation to be licensing this considering how Funi has licensed much of the Strike Witches anime franchise for over a decade.

I don't know if there's gonna be any cameos from the other parts of the franchise, but if there will be, it's gonna be weird to have new voice actresses replace them for the parts. That said, if The Executioner and Her Way of Life's dub is any indication of the current level of Sentai's output, I get the feeling that it'll be a noticeable downgrade from Funi's quality dubs.

Were Sentai dubs ever good? As far back as I can remember they've always been cheaply produced with incompetent mixing and generally lower-tier VAs than Funi
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard a bad Sentai dub so far (Girls und Panzer TV was a bit rough but not too bad), they did have some outright bad ones because of Steven Foster who thankfully is gone from there...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
^
Sentai used to produce mostly uneven dubs until around 2014. But after that they have greatly improved; a bad Sentai dub is rare these days. But some fans keep trying to discredit them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2