• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter x Hunter's Yoshihiro Togashi Says It Takes a Week to Redo a Single Panel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Bauersfeld

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:43 am Reply with quote
icomeanon6 wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:
Someone needs to finish the story

Counterpoint: Nobody needs to finish the story. If Togashi chooses the possibility of the story never being finished over losing his story to someone else, that is entirely his prerogative.

He doesn't owe anyone a conclusion. None of the readers are entitled to a conclusion. The world will keep on spinning even if Hunter x Hunter is never finished.

The artist doesn't exist to facilitate the art. The art exists to be the expression of the artist.

Was thinking the same. No author NEEDS to finish anything, beyond what they need to do to pay the bills. Me buying volume 1 of a manga is just that; my purchase doesn't obligate the author to make another one.
frubam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:55 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about this. Finish, don't finish, doesn't matter too much to me anymore. Sure, I'd love to see the end of the story, but hearing the constant "woe is me" is a bit grating... not that that's his fault; i.e. the man just made a comment on twitter about his situation, which is okay no problems there, that's what twitter is for, but then people get into this argument about it, making it this big thing and that's the part that annoying.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:43 am Reply with quote
frubam wrote:
Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about this. Finish, don't finish, doesn't matter too much to me anymore. Sure, I'd love to see the end of the story, but hearing the constant "woe is me" is a bit grating... not that that's his fault; i.e. the man just made a comment on twitter about his situation, which is okay no problems there, that's what twitter is for, but then people get into this argument about it, making it this big thing and that's the part that annoying.

...then stop reading news about Togashi. You make it sound like the childish, entitled, and rude reactions are normal. Furthermore, you make it sound like Togashi expressing himself on a platform (that you yourself admit that is "what twitter is for") somehow warrants and necessitates this immature response. That is just cannot be helped. That, if only Togashi would shut up about his health problems, this whole situation would be avoided.

In your world, that means both sides of this "argument" have a point to make...but they don't. Let's be clear: The problem has NOTHING to do with Togashi. He should be able to express himself and is NOT responsible for whining or handwringing reactions.

If fans don't want to hear about Togashi, stop reading news about him. If all you care about is HxH's story, stick to the manga. It is utterly flabbergasting that some people cannot wrap their heads around this concept. You are part of the problem. Cease.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2