• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Satoru Nii's School Delinquent Manga Wind Breaker Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:46 am Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Good news! It is similar to Tokyo Revengers without the time travel, so I will watch it!

Time-travel delinquent manga is becoming more commonplace now. Tetsuhiro Hirakawa of Clover launched one series (I have forgotten the name) recently. I also saw this other time-travel delinquent series called "89 - Nagano Mugen Rengou" a few days ago.
NebulousNeon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:05 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
Quote:
This edgy, action-packed manga is guaranteed to excite fans of Tokyo Revengers and other stories about high school delinquents

Oh, so that's how they're gonna sell this.

How many projects did Aniplex unveil last week at AnimeJapan again? More than five?
And now this. Damn. Just hope they know how to manage those.

Seems like Aniplex is trying to be like Kadokawa and take on too many projects at once, although unlike Kadokawa they seem to be overwhelmed by the amount of titles they’re trying to put out.

The thing is a lot of Kadokawa's shows aren't very high budget and their A-1 equivalent (ENGI) pretty much outsources every episode past the first one, keeping the workload in the studio lower. They're also a lot better when it comes to not running shows concurrently.

Aniplex nabs a lot of high-profile series/adaptations that often run very close to each other or concurrently, and their two studios (despite now being independent from one another) still greatly rely on each other. I can't imagine their recent issues helping their reputations. I wonder if some publishers will begin to get cold feet when it comes to working with them to produce anime based on their properties.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2