• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin Anime's 4th Promo Video Unveils Reol's Ending Song, July 6 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NieR

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
...Have you forgotten about Nier?

I didn't forget about Nier!

Looking forward to watching Rurouni Kenshin on July 6, and getting an English dub.

Was hoping to see Saito Hajime, but maybe too early since he appears in a later story arc.
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I agree with previous comments, that song was lit. I'm ready for a redo on Kenshin. As much as I love the original anime, I will leave nostalgia in the past and look forward to this. I better hear some 'oro' though. Give me that much, at least. OROROROROROROOooooooo
zztop

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:23 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
I worry about the pacing. The Jinei arc only lasted two episodes in the first anime and reboots have a tendency to make everything faster. Then again, the Jinei arc in the OVA lasted some minutes.

Iirc, the Jinei arc got mixed together with Kanryu's arc for the 1st live action movie (and Kanryu's story was more prominent there; Jinei felt like an afterthought of sorts).

SaitoHajime101 wrote:
I agree with previous comments, that song was lit. I'm ready for a redo on Kenshin. As much as I love the original anime, I will leave nostalgia in the past and look forward to this. I better hear some 'oro' though. Give me that much, at least. OROROROROROROOooooooo

I'm sure they will. If the live action movies could fit in a few "Oro"s, I don't see why the anime can't.

NieR wrote:

Was hoping to see Saito Hajime, but maybe too early since he appears in a later story arc.

Unless the new anime rewrites some parts to introduce Saito Hajime earlier, just like how the live action movie introduced him earlier in movie 1.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 4:19 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
It would nice for Aniplex of America listened dubbed this, when was the last time they dubbed anything?. Their dubs are generally pretty good, and it would be nice to see more LA dubs.

...Have you forgotten about Nier?
I had no idea that was dubbed, i remember seeing it listed on CR, but I'm sure it was subbed only, unless the dub is elsewhere.
Kuzu

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Saito is introduced fairly late into the series, but given he's one of the series' most popular characters I wouldn't be surprised if they sped up his introduction.

I hope not, Saito's introduction is a significant shift for thr series and heralds its first major story arc and the build up to it is pretty good.
phantom360

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping Sentai gets the rights they have a good cast for Rurouni kenshin though it's not the old L.A dub but does it gets the job done
Henry New York 2020

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:20 pm Reply with quote
If it gets a dub, it won’t be the same to have Richard Cansino, Dorothy Fahn, and Wendee Lee return for this.

I’m betting Micah Solusod who voiced Kenshin in the live action films to voice the character in the anime, as well as Alexis Tipton to also return as Kaoru Kamiya in the Anime.
Fourteenthangel

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest despite everything concerning the author, this is something I've wanted for a 'lil over a decade now. I grew up with Rurouni Kenshin and I read the entire manga and loved it. I was disappointed with the anime adaptation though it was all bad admittedly but they definitely fumbled. Now hopefully it gets the adaptation that the series deserves.
catone2

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Fourteenthangel wrote:
I'll be honest despite everything concerning the author, this is something I've wanted for a 'lil over a decade now. I grew up with Rurouni Kenshin and I read the entire manga and loved it. I was disappointed with the anime adaptation though it was all bad admittedly but they definitely fumbled. Now hopefully it gets the adaptation that the series deserves.

Same. This is almost 100% to properly adapt it for the Hokkaido Arc, as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2