• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) IDOLM@STER (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
So, what's the most disturbing thing about episode 9?
The character song the twins sing.... (wow, that one's painful)
The static shot during that song that seems to show that one of the twins is about to be chomped on by a T-Rex...
or that the usual thing a model does when binging on a couple dozen serving of desert is an equal purge? (I couldn't be the only one that had that thought from that scene, right?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
So, what's the most disturbing thing about episode 9?

For starters, I would say that it is only Episode 6 that is available, at least from where I get it.

As of Episode 6, I don't see anything particularly disturbing. I am no big fan of J-Pop but I like how they animate the performances. The girls are cute and they are doing a decent job of giving them differentiation. Along those line it is noteworthy that they split up the twins so one has a gig the other doesn't.

I think the lack of fan service indicates their confidence that the don't need it to keep it interesting. They have a lot of potential for good story development, but it hasn't really appeared yet. We'll see.

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not watching it there, I'm talking about ep. 9.
I'm mostly poking fun when I say disturbing here, the song and corresponding images are just cheesy and there's absolutely nothing to seriously suggest an eating disorder (although anyone close to the subject will see the implication, intended or not, I'm very sure).

I actually liked the episode (8 was probably the best episode though). It's as light and meaningless as the rest of the show and the twins are nice playful characters. It does make me question again why any Idol producer would freaking split them up- they're twins! If you're looking for a hook that's one of the biggest! duh! The episode even features the arbitrary Idol trio acting in a TV drama... as detective SISTERS!
BTW- in case you were worrying, none of what I said is a spoiler.

I want to go back to strictly watching anything I can on legal streams but the delay CR is being forced to make on IM is ridiculous and due to some ongoing bandwidth issues I've been having a lot of trouble watching streaming stuff (NicoNico is unwatchable but CR and TAN can occasionally be pretty bad too. Still paying for my subscriptions but until Time Warner can figure out why my connection is so bad its sometimes more practical to download.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10 was very nice. spoiler[Not only was the episode about how the idols trust and help each other but there was a cameo from the boy band Jupiter and the idols of 876 studios!]
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 7 is where we Crunchyrollers are at, and it has so far been the best in the series. This episode demonstrated the importance of self confidence and responsibility to ones own personal pride and self worth and it is something that all should remember. It was also nice how it gave a relatively realistic portrayal of a large low income family. There are many more such people with todays economic situation, but large families are rare today and it was nice to see a show and game like the IdolM@ster portray them.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
Ep11: It ain't easy being an idol.

This episode shows how most of the girls are not perfect and it takes them time and patience to get the dancing and singing right. It also shows how much pressure they have to keep up but have to deal with other personal matters as well.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 was Amazing!

The idols 1st concert had great dancing and songs. Good job on the studio spending the budget on those scenes.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
wait... this is a 2-cour show? Somehow I just figured it was over at 13, I obviously underestimated the draw of this franchise. Not sure I can take that much more sugar, I've been downloading it early but I need a break so I'll wait for the CR three-week-late-cast to continue the show.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13.

For a show that doesn't seem to be talked about much, I'm impressed. I wish they could have played more of the song and dance numbers, but they managed to build up a bit of suspense. They also managed to capture a little bit of the excitement of a concert.

Miki sure stepped up to the plate and that was fun to see.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 16.

Am I the only one watching this? I don't think it is one of the all-time great anime or anything but it seems like it should be deserving more attention than this. I am wondering if the lack of fan service has anything to do with it.

Anyway, Hibiki and the Producer aren't very bright. spoiler[How do you see a trap coming and then be completely clueless and surprised when it springs? And then not one word to anyone about the perfidy for the driver or the 961 producer after its over.] Oh, well -- Hibiki is cute anyway.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Am I the only one watching this? I don't think it is one of the all-time great anime or anything but it seems like it should be deserving more attention than this.

I'm interested in the series but I'm not really into streaming shows (I'm currently only following Fate/Zero). I would definitely check Idolm@ster out on DVD if it gets dubbed.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm watching it again now that I've waited for the CR three-week-later-"simulcast".

Idolmaster
relentlessly cute, relentless stupid.

spoiler[Producer: Be sure to on your guard! Those guys might try to trick us!
Hibiki: Okay, I will!
(2 seconds later, gets in a car under suspicious circumstances)
after being tricked...
Hibiki: Oh! Is THAT what he meant?]

Everything about the "plot" was idiotic... but hey, people don't watch this show for story. cute girls doing cute things... I guess that's why I still watch it.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 19 and 20.

spoiler[Kuroi is such a sleazeball. Not only did he sent a paparazzi to spy on Takane, he even dig out Chihaya's past about her dead little brother and exposed it on a magazine, traumatizing Chihaya that she is unable to sing. Even Jupiter are disgusted with his act.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 20 is a must to see.

This episode will make you cry as it's got be the most emotional episode of this anime. spoiler[After having her tragic past revealed by Kuroi, Chihaya is unable to sing due to the trauma but thanks to help of Haruka and the others by writing song for her on how they feel about her, Chihaya is able overcome her trauma and sing again! God it was beautiful and it made me cry.]
Zork

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
Episode 20 is a must to see.

This episode will make you cry as it's got be the most emotional episode of this anime. spoiler[After having her tragic past revealed by Kuroi, Chihaya is unable to sing due to the trauma but thanks to help of Haruka and the others by writing song for her on how they feel about her, Chihaya is able overcome her trauma and sing again! God it was beautiful and it made me cry.]

I agree. It also had me tear up a little.

IDOLM@STER is one of my favorite shows this year in spite of some suspect plot twists and sappy dialog. I enjoy watching the gals and the way they interact with one another. I also enjoy some of the animation when it comes to the dancing and singing scenes. Episode 13 was a good example of this, as someone else mentioned earlier.

It looks as though episode 21 might be a continuation of episode 20. I hope it has spoiler[Chihaya getting some sort of revenge on the evil producer by showing she's overcome his vindictiveness.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4