• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Winter 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh wait, the Witch and the Beast starts this season? Then it's ex aequo first place with Dangers in My heart, it's a phenomenal dark fantasy story, as long as the visuals will do the manga art justice.

Chained soldier is also good horny action "battle harem" series with actual plot and great girls, but if animation will suck, there will be no point to watching it over reading manga. Tis Time for Torture, Princess have chance to be also nice, wholesome humor - it's not as good as Sleepy Princess, but it's in similar vein. Sengoku Youko can be interesting, author of original manga is great writer, and I loved Planet With anime adaptation.
Gnarth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:02 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated is Chained Soldier. When I watched Akame Ga Kill, all I wanted was a show with a dynamic similar to Tatsumi x Esdeath but fully committed, and this might just be it. I'm trembling. Fingers crossed hoping TV censorship won't destroy it.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm still subscribing to CR, but I'll probably just keep going with Frieren and TAD. Maybe I'll add Tomozaki, too. If anything else gets good buzz, I'll add it to my watchlist.
Telu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:56 am Reply with quote
I was planning to watch the third season of "Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou" but after seeing the awful second season (awful animation production and a good chunk of the novel was skipped and some scenes altered) I don't have any hope for the third season.

Other than that I'm probably gonna skip this season, nothing has picked me my interest, I'm still waiting for all the Frieren's Blurays so I can watch the whole season in one day.

NieR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:11 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated Winter 2024 anime is Mr. Villain's Day Off. Been looking forward to watching that since the anime announcement article back in February. Really liked the early manga chapters I read online and gotta add the manga series to my collection sometime.

Runner ups would be the Blue Exorcist continuation, Metallic Rouge, and Delicious in Dungeon. Blue Exorcist was one of my favorite anime and manga series back in the early to mid 2010s. It'll be fun to get back into it again. I've liked what I've seen so far with Metallic Rouge and mostly interested in Delicious in Dungeon because its' animation is from Studio Trigger.

I'm interested in checking out the English dub of Solo Leveling eventually to watch SungWon Cho's character.
Richard Eisenbeis
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:40 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
That Solo Leveling description was so off-base that I genuinely don’t know if Richard was intentionally trying to be misleading to avoid literally any spoilers, or if he just hasn’t read very far into the series at all. Just in case, I’m spoiler-tagging this.

I have read the whole series and re-read the start before writing what I wrote. And, yes, I was writing in a way to avoid as many spoilers as possible while still trying to say what I loved about the series.
Archangel162

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:26 am Reply with quote
Can anyone tell why there are now so many same sex animes nowadays
noam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:37 am Reply with quote
Archangel162 wrote:

Demand
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:28 am Reply with quote
noam wrote:
Archangel162 wrote:

Demand

Is there even an increase? Seems like we've always had a number of them every year, I think they've just become more mainstream or maybe just more obvious than previous shows that sort of skirt the whole "are they or aren't they" thing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:50 am Reply with quote
Another crowded season, I think I am just going to have to learn to be more picky since calm seasons are no longer a thing. If I were to watch every new anime that seems interesting I would be at like 29 total, then there are 5 anime I will continue to watch for their second cour....

As for the new shows, Mashle, Dungeon Meshi and Boku no kokoro are at the top of the list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2